How to create a shortcut of a web page? How to create a web page shortcut?
Sometimes it's necessary to create a shortcut to a particular web page or web site. For example, you use Gmail daily. Every-time you need to open your browser and then have to type www.google.com in your browser's address bar. It needs some time and you have to type something. But there is an alternate solution. You just create a shortcut of Gmail and that's all. Later, just double-click on the shortcut and you will soon redirected to the Gmail page. Isn't it a good solution? Moreover, you read Google news every day. So, you can easily create a shortcut of google news and just double-click it and you will be soon on google news page. Are you interested? If yes then read this page. This page provides information related to create a shortcut of any web page as you like.
Steps to create a web page shortcut:
Follow the following steps to create a shortcut to any web site or web page:
- Right-click on the blank space of your desktop. Select New and then select Shortcut.
- Create Shortcut window will be appeared and you will see there is a text box. You have to type the address of the web page or web site you want to make a shortcut. For example, I want to create a shortcut for gmail. So, I type www.gmail.com in the text box.
- After typing the address in the text box, press Next button.
- Now, you have to give a name for the shortcut. Type anything as you like. For example, I write Gmail as I am creating the shortcut for gmail.
- After writing the name, click on the Finish button.
That's all. Now you see there is a shortcut icon and just double-click on it. You will soon be redirected to that web page.
© Written by rancidTaste
More by this Author
Most of the IT farm's job interview or written exam has at least one question regarding OSI or TCP/IP model. Some questions of this topic are presented here with very concise answers. All these questions are very...
- 64How to check CPU temperature:A complete guide to Check CPU temperature through BIOS or software on all operating system
While CPU is running, it produces heat. CPU is an electronic device. It is very urgent to remove heat from electronic devices as soon as possible. Otherwise the internal temperature will be increased. If the device is...
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...