How to fix blue screen
Blue screen of death
How to fix the blue screen of death
This guide will cover the basics of how to fix the blue screen of death
What you will need;
- A brief knowlodge of your computer hardware and software
- A brief understanding of your operating system e.g. Windows 7 or XP
To fix a BSOD (blue screen of death) we need to figure out what is causing it, there are many problems that can be fixed to fix your computer and to stop the BSOD.
To identify the problem, you will need to 3 three things;
- You will need to stop your computer from restarting itself everytime you get a BSOD, this will enable you to take down any code you will need from the BSOD which will be explained later on in the guide. To stop the restarts, go to Control Panel > system and maintenance (click on system) > advanced system settings > Under the tab 'startup and recovery' choose settings > uncheck automatically restart. You can now take down code you need from the BSOD to help you solve the problem.
- You will need to take down the code at the top and the bottom, the top code should look like this: 'IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL' or 'BAD_POOL_HEADER'. The bottom part is a bit trickier, you will need to take down all of the code at the bottom which should look like this: 0x0000000A 0x00000000F 0x0000000AA and so on...Take all of this down as you will need it.
- Now that you have got the codes, first type the top code in into a search engine (most preferrably Google) and see what results you get, If you get no results that help, try typing in the top code and the FIRST line of the bottom code and if still you can't find any results that help try typing in blue screen of death help or something similiar to try and identify what might be causing the problem.
The BSOD may be caused by hardware of software I will go over both.
Hardware is what makes up your computer inside the machine (e.g. Graphics card, RAM and the processor) these are all necessery requirements for your computer to run at it's full potential. These parts may break or explode (minor) this may lead to a BSOD as your computer can't perform the tasks it's asking and results in computer failure. Windows Vista and Windows 7 come preloaded with some Hardware problem solving programs such as Memory Diagnostics tool. It is most prefferable to run these programs to try and see what is causing it, hardware or software.
You can also download hardware programs to identify problems, I had a BSOD once and it was my RAM so I took it out and it was fine afterwards.
Software can cause problems through corrupt files and there are a lot of solutions, some good and some bad, I think the best way to solve it without any messing around is to back-up all of the stuff on the computer and to format the whole hard drive. If you do not wish to do that, there are other ways such as delete any programs you do not need.
Sometimes it isn't the programs doing making the BSOD but a virus changing the program to cause it, run a computer scan from a computer virus scanner such as AVG or Kasperksy, you can AVG free version which is great, I use it.
I hope this guide gives you a brief guide on how to fix the blue screen of death
More by this Author
What you will need; An aviary Falconer's glove Creance (string attached to bird incase bird flys away) Food Perch (to improvise tree branch) Optional Bird cam for bird...