How to restore Task manager and the Registry editor disabled by a virus
How to enable the Registry editor:
1. Click on the "start button" and then select "run"
2. When the "run application" is open, copy and paste into the the text field, this code
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System/v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
3. Now click "Ok" and restart your computer
How to enable Task manager:
1. Click on the start button, and then select run
2. Type "REGEDIT" into the text field and press enter to fire up the registry editor
3. When the registry opens ,browse to this location:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System."
4. Now in the right pane, look for the value
5. Right click on the above value and select delete. when it says "Are you sure you want to delete this value", confirm by selecting "yes"
6. Your Task manager should be working now. confirm by trying to access it.
More by this Author
Learn about all the internet chatroom slang and abbreviations in this comprehensive and informative article.