How to resurrect your Windows XP – Computer Tech Reinstallation Method
Things to know before reinstalling Windows XP
If you came here wondering what to do with your old Windows XP definitely don't trow it away there is hope, because you will learn some easy proven steps to how to reinstall your official operating system, and resurrect it from the dead. When a computer suffers from hard drive failure, most of the time its due to a virus, Trojan or a laundry list of other potential malicious software, that’s transferred into a PC via the internet. Windows XP
The other issue that causes such catastrophic failure of a computer system’s hard drive is over loading the hard drive beyond its maximum capacity, and so this is why most Windows XP computers have suffered the worst fates, when it come to loss of data, but the end of that computer isn’t quite the end at all. So, if you see that infamous blue screen of death, please don’t be frightened if you have all of these years, there is hope, and you don’t need a super geek, from geek squad neither to fix the problem.
All you will need is the official XP operating disk, the official Win XP product key, which if it’s a laptop computer should be located at the bottom of the computer. The manufacturer’s name (Such as HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc….), the model number of that particular laptop or desktop is going to also be needed, so write it down somewhere, while you at it write down the product key as well. Now if you follow those basic procedures, now you are heavily armed to go into battle to re-installed your computer.
If your hard drive is completely dead, try to open your PC, and locate the bad one, and search online, at places like Ebay for a suitable substitution, on Amazon or elsewhere. Most hard drive's for them extremely old Win XP systems, are generally very cheap to purchase online, just don't get robbed by some scam artist out there shop around wisely.
Note: make sure to match the info on your dead hard drive before making any purchases, or you'll be wasting precious time and will receive the wrong model for your motherboard.
Steps to follow for Re-Installation
Step 1 – Formatting Hard Drive
- In order to format the hard drive, make sure that you have the Windows XP Operating Disk, make sure that the version of it, matches the version of Windows your computers product key sticker states, or else after you’ve tried to register the PC to the Microsoft windows network. It will not register if the versions don't match (Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, or Windows XP Ultimate), and Microsoft will lock you out of the PC after 30 days.
- Formatting the hard drive is very simple – Place the Operating System Disk into the CD Drive of the computer, press the eject button to access it.
- Then restart the computer, make sure to look for words that ask you to click any key during the booting of the computer, and immediately after turning the PC on.
- If you don’t see any words referring to the CD you just installed into the CD drive, then restart the computer, then look for the Function button to access the boot setup. (Usually the F8 button)
- The steps below, should only be done if you could not press any key to get to the XP Operating system formatting screen.
- Boot Screen Setup – You will need to change the arrangement of how the system will decide to boot, and pretty much the order of booting, using the CD ROM to boot first, before the Hard Drive.
- This is easily done by locating the Boot Menu, and then following the on screen instruction as to how to change the Booting Sequence.
Windows XP Reinstallation Screen will appear - follow instruction as follows
- Once you’ve figured that portion out, now you shall proceed to allowing the computer to save your settings, and restart the computer.
- This re-sequencing of the boot should allow your computer to recognize the CD in the CD Drive first before anything else, and the disk shall spin, and once you notice the screen displays press any key, then you press any, and it shall begin the formatting process initiation screens.
- If you would like to save your XP files, and if you chose not to back up your files prior to the hard drive failure, you may want to try to recover them.
- To do so it is simple but somewhat tricky.
- Reason for this being so is, because once the screen allows you to begin making your inputs, it will also ask you some questions, provide information etc…
- It initially will have you press F8, and then provide a repair option.
- This initial Repair option only leads to a DOS prompt screen if you chose to go that route, and you pretty much will waste time trying to do anything by selecting that option.
- By pass that by whatever they say on the screen to do so, and then once the next screen or so appears.
- Yet another Repair option shall appear, this is the option that will allow for your windows operating system to try and fix itself, it pretty much replaces all the DLL files that it can, one thing it doesn’t do is fix the virus situation or damage done by any other malicious software.
- If you backed up all you files before this catastrophe occurred, well you can bypass the second Repair step option, and simply choose to erase any and all partitions on the hard drive.
- Don’t worry if you have no clue what a partition means (Sectioned space on your hard drive where all Windows Systems files are stored, or may be made available to section off for other purposes as multiple parts to be stored separately), just follow the onscreen instructions, and you’re on your way to formatting your very first hard drive, if you never done so before.
- Once you’ve deleted the partitions, now you can install a fresh new copy of Windows XP, onto your hard drive, because now the old corrupted or over filled junky one is now erased completely.
- Press the required keyboard buttons after reading on screen instructions alerts you of how to Install Windows XP software onto the newly emptied partition. (You can either watch what happens and let the paint dry, or take a break for about 10-15 minutes, you’re about to get your windows desktop back, but there’s loads more to do after this point. “Be happy though it didn’t cost you an arm or a leg”)
Here's another step by step video of all the entire procedure
Full Re-installation of Win XP takes time - Link below Provides more
Keep in mind that all of this shall take between 2-4 hours depending on your computers network speed, and so if you on DSL it may take even longer, Broadband connections and Fiber Optic connections are generally much faster with internet loading speeds, and make for a much better downloading of needed files to be transferred, saved and reinstalled onto your new existing Windows XP installation's operating system, desktop or laptop.
You will need to locate and find all missing software drivers, Windows XP service packs, and to fully activate Windows updates, after you satisfy the basic requirements, and conditions of your XP software like uploading Windows.net framework files, beginning from 1.0 to 3.5 SP2 version.
This is all due to your computer system now needing to get up to speed to our online communications of today, mainly since starting from scratch means to take your computer system all the way back in time to, when Win XP first got introduced to the world of computing many years back, and its been over 15 years now. So be advised all the updating takes time, and also the file transfers you'll definitely be needing to do.
Drivers, Windows Updates and Service Packs
- How to resurrect your Windows XP – Computer Tech Reinstallation Method - PT2
The procedures to complete the windows XP clean install, hardware, and software driver installs, and Windows XP service pack updates.
More by this Author
Breaking reaction news report about a new viral trend on the rise, at a current whopping 5,776,314 views. We are watching this one closely folks, please stand by for much more to come. Wow!
Earning money online as a article writer is tough, to do so you will need to optimize your writing skills, content placement, creation of unique video content, as well as adapt to online changes.
Children are misled by their parents bad habits the gained from their parents, the chain of abusiveness must come to an end. Kids need love, tender care, nurturing, and attention, lets hope this message gets to every...
No comments yet.