How to root HTC Explorer Android phone using your macbook
Just follow each step and you should be through.
Warning: Doing this will void the warranty on your HTC Explorer.
- First step is to unlock the bootloader.
- But before that, enable USB debugging on your HTC Explorer. Go to Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (Check this option).
- Go to the HTC official website and follow the appropriate steps there. Choose “all other supported models” under "--Select Your Device--" dropdown.
- Remember Steps 1 to 4 in this website as they tell you how to start you phone in bootloader mode.
- If you have confusion following steps 5, 6, 7 & 8 then follow the steps below:
- Download ADT for mac.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file and go to 'sdk/platform-tools' folder inside the unzipped folder.
- Copy the files named "fastboot" and "adb" from here to your home directory, which would typically be the directory in your mac user name with an image of a Home, on the left column in a finder window.
- You might refer these commands while going through HTC website. These commands have to be typed in a terminal window after going into your home directory.
- cd /Users/homedirectoryname (before Step 8, to go to home directory.)
- ./fastboot oem get_identifier_token (Step 8)
- ./fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin (Step 10)
- Download Superuser.zip. Do not unzip this file. Simply copy the zip file directly on to your phone's SD card.
- Download Custom Recovery image A310E_Recovery.zip. Unzip the downloaded file and copy the file named "recovery.img" to your home directory.
- Follow the steps 1 to 4 of the HTC website to start the phone in bootloader mode and connect it to your mac.
- Now type the following commands in the terminal window:
- cd /Users/homedirectoryname
- ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- This was the way to install the custom recovery to your phone.
- Disconnect your phone from your mac and switch off the phone. Take out the battery.
- Put the battery back again, press Volume Down button and while holding it press the power button and hold.
- Release both the buttons once phone starts and you see a white screen with options like fastboot, Recovery etc.
- Use Volume Down button button to Select "recovery" option and press the power button.
- After waiting for a few seconds, you should see a screen with a lot of options.
- Choose "Install zip from SD" option and then choose "SuperUser.zip" using volume keys.
- Press the power button.
- Congratulations! Your HTC Explorer is rooted.
More by this Author
USB cables are messy, bluetooth is slow and needs your devices to be near each other. This hub explains how you can share all the files on your android and others can access them from their rooms.
Ever wondered yourself in a situation where you do not have your laptop or there is no cyber cafe nearby and you need to check an urgent email. You can easily get the e-mails from your GMail account directly to your...
The sequential diagrams are self explanatory but I will briefly describe the process to set up PS3 Media Server on your mac. 1. Download PS3 form the CNET site. 2. Double click on the downloaded .dmg file. 3. Drag...