Ways on How to save energy in the Kitchen
How to Save in the Energy in the Kitchen
By cooking meals at home, we save money and, when we use our kitchen appliances properly, we can save energy as well. Greenpeace shares how we can cut our electric, bills, and help curb climate change as well by following these steps.
1. Be energy aware!
- You must keep the lid on the pot/s.
- Use less water when you are cooking eggs and vegetables.
- Use a pressure cooker if possible.
- Don't preheat the oven, when not needed.
- If you have an electric stove, you can switch off the hotplates and the oven sooner, and let the food cooking free of charge.
2. You need to Get rid of energy guzzlers - and you also need to check power consumption of any new appliances before you buy them. Make it to a point to buy only the most energy-efficient appliances, so that you can save energy.
3. Place your fridge in a cool place. You should not place it in warm places such us near the stove or in the sun. You need to make sure that the fridge's seals, are intact and ventilation grills dust free.
4. You should defrost regularly - Fridge and Freezers, use more power when they ice up.
5. Never heat water on hotplate - because it is more efficient to use electric kettles, but heating water on a gas ring is more efficient. Heating water consumes a lot of energy, so only heat what you need. .
6. Unplug the coffee maker after using it. Transfer the extra coffee into the thermos or other coffee warmer devices, instead of continuously heating it on the coffee maker.
More by this Author
All your back-to-school beauty problems/ dilemmas - solved Classes are in session for all of you in need of extra help, when it comes to basic-to-school beauty. Once school starts, along with all the extracurricular...
5 Simple Shortcuts for Smooth Sexy Legs: your legs can look a lot better fast, with these simple strategies, you'll have what you want in no time
No comments yet.