How to transfer your contacts and apps from one Apple iphone to another
How to transfer Contacts
If you are anything like me, technology can be hard at times, and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier. I was so excied for the iphone to come out, and when I got it, I sat there staring at it. I was so upset that I realized I had no idea how to transfer my contacts. I also don't have much time to run to the store and get the tech there to do it. I was at a loss, then I started to research. I found out it was easy. That was first coming from one phone to the iphone. NOW, I had a problem with my iphone and got a new iphone. I have 5 days to recieve it an return it to Verizon before I was charged for a whole new one. i was in a time crunch.
This is how I transferred my contacts from one iphone to another
- Start by using your iphone or ipod plug to plug your old (original) iphone into your home computer. You then have to open itunes. If you don't have itunes you can download it. For the iphone you have to use itunes for the transfer.
- Your iphone info will appear in the left column. You then can open the info tab at the top of the itunes page. This will open all your info/settings including your contacts.
- Note: there is also a tab for apps which I was also able to have transferred.
- Click the sync icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. It may take a few monutes, but they will sync your contacts to your itunes.
- For apps, there is an app button at the top of the screen also near the info button. You can also click that and have all your apps saved into your itunes.
- You will be ejecting the old iphone, but make sure you click the eject button. Do not just unplug.
- Plug the NEW iphone into your computer. You will see the new iphone info appear in the left column.
- Go to the info tab at the top of the page and make sure the sync contacts tab is checked.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and locate the sync button
- Click the "Sync" button and the contacts from your computer, which are identical to the contacts from your old iPhone, are now added to your new iPhone
- Check the iphone before you eject to see if all the info was added
- Once done, make sure to click the eject on the left side of the page near your iphone info.
- Your transfer is complete.
No comments yet.