How to win Facebook LIKE contests. Get More Likes and Votes easily.
With Facebook being one of the foremost tool in social media, many companies are now using it to increase their business. In order to get more followers to their page, they often resort to LIKE contests . This way, the contestants usually have to get their family and friends to LIKE a particular Facebook fan page and/or a particular photo. The person with the most LIKES usually gets to take home the prize.
These contests are usually fun but when you don't have 5k friends in your profile, it may get a bit hard to win. Here are some tips and ideas to help you get more likes for your contest.
- Be clear with the instructions - Make sure you understand all the instructions and be clear when asking people to vote. Some people will tend to make mistakes and invalidate the vote especially if there is more then one step in this contest. Try to break down the steps of the vote into small sections to help the voters. Eg: Please LIKE page here: (insert URL), then LIKE photo here (insert url).
- Ask family and friends - Start by asking your family and friends and try to get each of them to share and ask for LIKES from their own friends on your behalf. I have seen a particular contestant raffling a prize amongst the people who liked her picture.
- Post on a noticeboard - Post a request for votes on a noticeboard at school, community center or anywhere else where you may attract likes.
- Swap votes - If you are interested in building up your votes, you may wish to enter a vote swap. There are several ways of going around this. You may either trail around other contests, leave a vote and ask them to vote back for you. You may also visit vote request forums and ask for help there. You are usually requested to return the favour though so be prepared to give and take. Two of the most effective vote swap boards I found have included: About Vote Request Forum and the BabyCenter Vote for Me Board. You may also LIKE several small local companies and message them telling them that you have liked their fanpage and asking for a return vote in your contest. This usually yields a 25-40 percent turnout depending on the conditions of your contest!
- Post in Facebok groups - Find groups that tolerate vote requests and leave your requests there. You will be surprised that you actually do get a few votes in from there!
- Buy votes - Fiverr.com is full of people who claim to get you Facebook likes. Huge numbers for $5. I have seen offers of 12k likes for $5. I am assuming that these kind of likes are computer generated automated likes and not manual likes so this would probably amount to cheating. However, you may want to have a look amongst the gigs and see if there is someone willing to get you legitimate votes by asking his own set of family and friends.
- One at a time - Do not try to undertake many contests at a time. Save all your energy and resources on one contest at a time for best results.
- Recruit a friend - Contests are a lot easier if there is more then 1 person working on them. If the prize allows it, think of going in for a contest with a friend. This way you have double the resources giving you the edge over other contestants.
- Surprise other contestants - Keep a chunk of reliable easy votes for the end of the contest. This way you can spring out your easy family and friends votes right at the end when all other contestants would have exhausted their own resources and would be collecting votes at a slower rate.
More by this Author
Quick no cook baci balls recipe. Easy and can be prepared by young children.
The bread maker can come in handy to get rid of those ripe bananas. Here is a delicious healthy banana bread recipe.
A step by step guide with images of how to plant and use vetches as Christmas decorations. This is the Maltese tradition of gulbiena.