How to extract audio from video files
Extracting audio data from a video file is very simple. You can use Adobe Audition to extract the audio as 1,2,3.
- Run Adobe Audition.
- Select >File >Open Audio from Video...
- and Select the video file
Audition will support the major Video file formats like: AVI,MPG, MP2, MPEG, WMV, ASF etc.
It may take some time(it depends upon the length of your video) to extract the audio from the video, and will place the audio into the edit window, where you can edit the audio or simply save the audio as WAV/MP3 or any audio format you like. Audition supports all the major audio file formats!
You can use Adobe Premiere/Premiere pro
In premiere/ pro do the following:
- Import the Video File ( >File>Import and select your Video file)
- drag and drop the video file from the proj window to the time line
- select >File>Export time line>Audio...
- and choose a audio format and file name.
- Free Video editing Softwares
Video editing softwares absolutely free
- Home video editing tools
Softwares for home video editing below $100 price tag.
- Popular DVD Authoring Tools
Popular DVD Authoring Softwares for home and business use.
- Professional DVD Authoring tools
Softwares for professional DVD Authoring(eg. Feature Film release).
More by this Author
For Professional DVD Authoring like Feature Film release, you have to use a true professional grade Authoring software. Sonic Scenarist, Spruce DVD Maestro, DVD StudioPro...