Human Computer Interaction
Human Computer Interaction is concerned with the communication that take place between the user and the Computer System. It is important that the system designer anticipate how the user will want to exchange formal message with the Software product therefore a good Interface between the user and the Computer must address the following objectives
- Effectiveness – The design of interface that allows users to access the system should be in a way that is consistent with their individual needs
- Efficiency – The interfaces should be such that they are able to increase the speed of data entry and reduce error
- User consideration – The system must provide appropriate feedback to the user
- Productivity – Should be as shown through ergonomically sound principle of design for user Interfaces and work places
Goals for Human Computer Interaction
Human Computer Interaction aims at developing a system that can allow users to carry out tasks safely, efficiently, effectively and enjoyable.
Aspect of Human Computer Interaction
- Ergonomics – Ergonomics is concerned with fitting the job environment of the worker. i.e. it is the study of the physical relationship between people and their work environment. It is concerned with the design of hardware and software as well as office furniture that is less stressful and comfortable to use. Continued use, user productivity, comfort and satisfaction with the system and all related to how ergonomically well designed workplace. When s system is design such factors as
· Computer room, color and lighting should be considered to reduce the effect of light on human eye
- Visual Display Unit and keyboard general flexibility and adjustability should be provided for individual preferences
- Computer furniture height should be adjustable, poor design causes stress, , lower effectiveness, and efficiency and reduces motivation
A system analysts must aim at designing the system that tries to solve stated problems as much as possible i.e. the solution should tries to match user users need and expectation. A poorly designed system ( a system that does not take into consideration human factors) can be resisted by the users. User’s resistance can be caused by previous experiences, Suspicion about changes to working practices, Fear of redundancy
Failure to define clear goals lead to resistance among users, resentment leads to ineffective system use or deliberate undermining of the new system. The analyst must understand the type of the user the system is being designed for
Human Computer Interaction
- Software Quality Assurance and Management
Software quality may be defined as conformance to explicitly functional and performance requirement explicitly documented developed standard and implicit characteristic that are expected of all professionally...
- Software Quality Assurance Standard
This describes quality assurance elements in geometric terms that can be applied to any business regardless of product or services offered, they have been adopted by many countries which intern permits ISO...
- What is a data flow diagram? and DFD Symbols
Data flow diagram is a geographical tool that shows, process, flows, stores and external entities in a system. Dataflow diagram shows the transformation of data into a system. Dfd has got the following symbols...
- System testing and implementation
Testing is done all the way in system development. It is meant to turn up any unkown problem. Not to demonstrate the perfection of a program's manual or equipment. Though it is tediou, its help to assure the...
- What is Feasibility Study
The contents of feasibility study should include 1. Project Name - Should be relevant to what you are going to achieve 2.Description of of the problem to be solved 3. It should have a statement of critical...
- Do you know the kind of system Level that exist in your organization
There are system types that exist in an organization and wiil discuss the following four kind. Operational level system This refers to information system that monitors the element ary activities and...
- Types of Organizational System
There are so many types of organizational systems available in an organization. The systems depends with the activities and the number of staff it support. Below are the existing system found in an...
- Understand the importance of Database data normalization
Normalization of data can be defined as a process during which the existing tables of a database are tested to find certain data dependency between the column and the rows or normalizing of data can be...
More by this Author
LOCAL AREA NETWORK DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION (LAN) part 1 The first steps in designing a LAN (Local Area Network) are to established and document the goals of the design The design should aim at addressing the...
How computer input, process and output data This short description of how computer process data into information. It explains what happens from the time you enter your data through the keyboard to printing on the...
A repeater is the simplest facility used for network interconnection, whose major function is to receive a network signal from one LAN terminal cable segment and to regenerate and retransmit the signal as it is in its...