INSTALLING OPEN CLASSIFIEDS
1. First we need to create a database. For this particular tutorial we shall name our database “opentest”.
2. Fireup phpMyAdmin and in the create database field type in “opentest” and click CREATE
3. Our database has now been created.
4. Next go to the open classifieds website by clicking here and download the open classifieds tar file
5. After the download is through , Unzip the package with a zip program like winrar
6. The unzipped folder should be “openclassifieds” else…..
7. Transfer your unzipped folder “openclassifieds” to htdocs if using Xampp and www if using wamp server
8. Now open your favorite browser and type in http://localhost/openclassifieds/install and press enter
9. Accept the license terms and click CONTINUE
10. The installation will check if your server meets its requirements and if your folders are writable. If everything is found to be ok. Click on CONTINUE
11. Next, the installation will ask you to check your paths, you should leave this as it is and click CONTINUE
12. Now you need to enter your Mysql database and other details like below
Username: Your mysql database username
Password: Your mysql database password
Database name: opentest
Database charset: Leave as default
Table prefix: Leave as default
Sample date: Select Yes
Click on CONTINUE
13. Set your basic configuration(Fill in as appropriate) and click CONTINUE
14. Next Review your installation and if your contented with everything click INSTALL
15. Go to you’re the openclassifieds folder and delete the folder named “install”
16. Go to website
Some Book recommendations on Open source software and other
More by this Author
Learn about all the internet chatroom slang and abbreviations in this comprehensive and informative article.