IPhone 2G 3.1.3 Jailbreak/Unlock Redsnow
The following guide details how to jailbreak and unlock an IPhone 2G. Reference as a continuation if you are upgrading. If considering to upgrade note that the process incorporates flashing with 3.1.2 ipsw. So essentially its like your running 3.1.2 but your phone will display 3.1.3 in settings. The firmware upgrade is noted to combat the jailbreak process. No noticeable differences between the two versions. So considerations should be made.
Furthermore any attempt to upgrade to higher software automatically renders previous unlocks useless.
If your on firmware 3.1.2 looking to unlock/jailbreak please see guide titled "How To Unlock/Jailbreak Iphone 2G 3.1.2 Baseband: 04.05.04_G"
Model: Iphone 2G
- Redsnow 0.9.4
- IPhone 3.1.2 .ipsw file
1) Connect IPhone to computer
2) Run Redsnow 0.9,4
3) Download 3.1.2 ipsw file listed in links section. If you already have it skip this step
4) Select Browse. Point to the 3.1.2 ipsw file you have downloaded. It is suggested you extract the file to the desktop for ease of access
5) You will arrive at a menu asking you to select your options.
6) Check Cydia
7) Leave all other boxes unchecked
- "Already pwned" option - For when you are already jailbroken and you are customizing
- "Unlock" option - If an unlock option displays. It is recommended you select it. You will need two additional files (3.9 Bootloader and 4.6 Bootloader) Search to obtain. You would then navigate to these two files in their respective boxes. Then select continue. Recommended for 2G. As Bootneuter application is used for unlock.
8) Ensure your device is connected to your computer and that the power is off.
9) Put your device into recovery as per on screen instruction. Hold power and Home keys until continuation commences
10) After a short pause. Relase Power but continue to hold the Home key.
11) Once complete device will automatically restart
- If you are having trouble renaming the ipsw file. If it is in zip or rar format. Ensure "hide known file extensions" option is unchecked in folder options.
- Change the name to .ipsw extension from .rar/.zip
The following unlock process is recommended for 2G users. If you have previously unlocked your 2G upgrading to 3.1.3 will disable your unlock.
1) Go to cydia
Run device as per following preferences:
More by this Author
This article reviews setting up Icefilms.info on a Windows PC. This provides the end user capability to stream DivX quality video files directly on the windows machine or wirelessly to a compatible television. Playing...
This article is a guide to unlocking 'Old Security' Blackberry devices from within Windows. This method is compatible specifically with old security units. Will not work with any 'New Security' models. Consult the...
This procedural article will detail how to debrand and flash a Motrola Razr V3. The benefits to debranding include removing all carrier customizations and restrictions aswell as added enhancements and improved...