Internet – Advantages and Disadvantages
Internet is a system of interconnected computer networks globally. It is one of the most powerful tools today. Through internet, life has become easier and getting information about anything is just a click away. It is a medium by which you can stay connected to your family, friends, and co-workers; and with the world. You can get ample of information related to any topic.
Advantages of Internet
Internet has a huge list of advantages, some of which are as follows:
- E-mail – It is an easy and cheap way of communication. By exchanging emails you can share and get a lot of information. There are many forwarded mails with a very good and useful content of information. This method is quite fast.
- Software Download – You can easily download any software for you computer via the internet. You can first download the trial version for free, and if you find it good then you can purchase it later on internet. Any software can be downloaded.
- Entertainment – Internet is also a great medium of entertainment. You can watch movies, listen music, and can also play various online games.
- Latest Happenings and Technological Innovations
Find out the innovative ideas, latest news and technical innovations in the world of Entertainment, Electronics and Information Technology.
- Medium of Information – You can get information related to any topic by searching it using various search engines. Google is one of the best and widely used search engines. Getting any information is just a matter of seconds.
- 24×7 News – You can also watch the news on internet. If you are at office where you are not allowed to watch you favorite cricket match, you can easily get the updates on the internet. Nowadays, various e-newspapers are also available. The news is immediately updated on the internet.
- Chatting – You can chat with your loved-ones over the internet. You can exchange your messages and can also do voice or video chatting.
Disadvantages of Internet
Internet has many advantages, but at the same time it has several disadvantages also. As nothing is perfect; everything has its pros and cons. Some of the disadvantages of the internet include the following:
- Security Problems – There are chances of your personal and confidential information being accessed by unauthorized people. Your personal email accounts can also get hacked. Your websites can also be hacked and your data might get deleted.
- Threat of Virus – If your computer is attacked by virus, then its normal functioning gets disrupted. Virus comes from the internet, thus those systems that are attached to the internet are more prone to virus attack. Virus can delete your data and might end up into crashing the hard disk.
- Spamming – When we open our email account, we often find unwanted emails in spam. This is what is called spamming, i.e. sending many unwanted emails. Sometimes these spam mails are also very frustrating.
- Information Accuracy – There is bulk of information available on the internet related to any topic, but some information might be incorrect or unauthenticated sometimes. There are many websites which have information related to a particular topic. After reading that information on some websites you might get confused, as this information might differ sometimes.
- Pornography – This is among one of the very serious problem related to the internet. It is causing a bad impact on the society, especially young children. There are many sites on the internet that offer such useless content causing a bad impact on a child’s mind. Sometimes young children might get addicted to such sites and possibly might end up indulging in such activities.
Though the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, but disadvantages cannot be ignored and you must protect yourself and your computer from getting spammed or to lose vital information.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Internet Banking
Banking over the internet has made the life easy for users by providing online access to various banking services. It allows you to perform almost all such services which are accessed from bank.
- Advantages of the Internet for Businesses
Internet has given a great platform for businesses and corporate houses to enhance their business opportunities by making it online.
Is Internet a boon or bane?See results without voting
More by this Author
Juvenile Delinquency is an anti-social behavior of a child who indulges himself in loafing, pick-pocketing, or other such activities.
Child labor is one of the sad issues and the biggest challenges that the whole world is facing, where a child is an earning machine working to satisfy the needs of his/her family.
Banking over the internet has made the life easy for users by providing online access to various banking services.
No comments yet.