Introduction to Word Processor
Word processing is one of the most popular software for creating letters, project reports, articles in newspaper and many office and home application. Word processing is the use of a Computer to enter, store and manipulate text and finally print the created document. Word processing allows the users to.
1. Create an original document by entering new text and saving it as a file
2. Edit or revise the document
3. Format document to enhance the appearance of text
4. Print the final document
Word processing forms
· Pen and paper
· Type writer
· Fax machine
· Computer with word processing software
Example of word processing application
Text editor – word processor, desktop publishing, graphic software
Example of word processor: Microsoft word, word perfect, word star, sun office
Features of word processor
· Typing a text
· Formatting characters, paragraphs and pages
· Word wrap
· Online dictionary
· Mail merge
· Printing and many more
The keyboard is used to enter character based inputs and issue command. The keyboard is organized into the following sections
Function keys: use to issue a special function and commands like F5 when you want full screen power view show
Alpha-Numeric Keys – are the normal typewriter keys for composing words and numeric figures
Numeric – key pad – Used for entering figures, it is also has insert, overwrite, INS, and Num lock key modes
Cursor movement Keys
Allows one to move the cursor to the next or previous one character, It moves the cursor up and down a line using the up and down arrow keys. It moves the cursor at the beginning or at the end of a line, page or document home, end keys
Starting Microsoft Word
1. Start Ms word by clicking on start> programs>Microsoft Office> which takes you to the ms word window
2. Start ms word by clicking on start> run and type WinWord then click ok
3. Click on the Microsoft office and select Microsoft Word and click ok
4. You can also open Microsoft word from already saved file in Microsoft word application
More by this Author
How computer input, process and output data This short description of how computer process data into information. It explains what happens from the time you enter your data through the keyboard to printing on the...
Since the invention of computers from first generation and fourth generation computers, they have been classified according to their types and how they operate that is input, process and output information. Below...
A repeater is the simplest facility used for network interconnection, whose major function is to receive a network signal from one LAN terminal cable segment and to regenerate and retransmit the signal as it is in its...
No comments yet.