Keyboard Shortcuts for Microsoft Word
Memorizing and learning Microsoft word keyboard shortcuts will increase your productivity, can save you time and even money.
There are a lot of keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Word. This helps provide an easier and quicker way of navigating and using the software.
Here are some that we frequently use in everyday work aside from the usual Copy-Paste shortcuts:
1. SHIFT+F3 - Change the case of letters
If you forgot to hit Caps Lock and you already have a paragraph of lower-case letters, don't worry because SHIFT+F3 is on its way. Just highlight the selected text and voila! No sweat. This also works vice versa.
2. DOUBLE CLICK AND DRAG
Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V may be popular but try using this shortcut for a change. This is the fastest way to move the word or text from one place to another.
3. CTRL+SPACEBAR - Remove manual character formatting
Use this shortcut when you want to match a certain copied text to the one you're working on. For example, when you copy a text from the Web and transfer it to Word, you will see the font and size is different. Highlight the word and press Ctrl+Spacebar.
4. CTRL+SHIFT+W - Underline words but not spaces
This can save you an enormous amount of time when your work requires you to underline each word but not the spaces. Thanks for this shortcut, really.
5. CTRL+SHIFT+D - Double underline
If one underline is not enough for you to emphasize what you want to tell readers, make it double!
6. ALT+SHIFT+D - Add the Date
Add the date on your work just pressing these 3 keys on your board. It's very timesaving when you are working with document that requires a lot of dates.
7. The letter that 'really' needs a shortcut:
- ALT+164 ñ
- ALT+165 Ñ
8. LINE SPACING:
- CTRL+1 Single-space lines.
- CTRL+2 Double-space lines.
- CTRL+5 Set 1.5-line spacing.
- CTRL+0 (zero) Add or remove one line space preceding a paragraph.
9. CTRL+SHIFT+F - Font Dialog box
Want to try experimenting, like adding styles or effects, this shortcut will open the Font dialog box to help you format your work.
- ALT+CTRL+C The copyright symbol ©
- ALT+CTRL+R The registered trademark symbol ®
- ALT+CTRL+T The trademark symbol ™
Please note that different versions of Microsoft Word may have different commands.
© 2012 Mycee. All Rights Reserved.
More by this Author
Rather than pitching your old slippers to trash or burn them, why not make the most out of it? There are really some cool and creative ways how reuse them for your household thus help you save extra money.
Think Health : Avoid re-using plastic bottles right away.
Let us dig deeper on how smoke belching can affect the environment as well as human’s health and how can we give our fair share in reducing air pollution.