Kodak Play Sport Video Camera Review
Kodak PlaySport Video Camera
About the Kodak PlaySport Video Camera
The is a very compact, yet powerful video recorder and camera. Although the quality is not up to par with professional equipment, this little video camera is easy to carry, simple to use and there are some really nice features. Kodak PlaySport
The PlaySport is recommended for casual adventures where the goal is to have fun as well as capture friends and family activities for scrap books or YouTube. It is not recommended for wedding videography, indoor activities or low light situations. There is a reason it is named a PlaySport.
Teenagers and young adults are the perfect market for a PlaySport. Parents will love it because it is so lightweight and small that they can pull it out of a bag quickly and push two buttons to start a video of their active children. The video camera is perfect for the beach too.
Kodak PlaySport Demo Video
Features of the Kodak PlaySport
Kodak packs an amazing amount of video and camera features into its 4x2x.5 inch size.
- Weight of the PlaySport is only four and a half ounces
- It's about the size of a cell phone and will fit in most cell phone cases
- Turn it on and start taking videos with only one button
- Can be set for video capture or camera only
- Long battery life - about four and a half hours
- Can be charged with the separate battery charger (included) or charged via the USB to computer cord (included)
- Front textured grip makes it easy to hold and slip resistant
- Five video effects for recording more interesting videos
- It's water resistant to three meters (9.8 feet) with an underwater video correction setting to correct for distortion
- 4x Digital zoom lens
- Shock resistant to 5.5 feet or so
- Dust resistant
- Full 1080p HD video quality touted, but you need to be a good videographer to get that
- SD slot for memory card up to 32GB
- Two inch LCD viewing screen with a setting available for anti-glare
- Auto focus lens
- Standard tripod mounting hole on the bottom
- Share settings - with a separate card
- Handy wrist strap and well written, easy to follow user guide
Kodak PlaySport Video Editing Software
The first time your PlaySport is hooked up to your computer via the USB to camera cable, the video editing software will automatically download to your computer.You must follow the prompts presented to successfully install the software, but it is easy and simple to do. Arc-Soft Media Impressions
Familiarize yourself with the software by watching the Kodak Playsport 'How-To' Editing video in this hub. The software is easy to use and has most of the features of all video editing software like Window's Live (free) or CyberLink Power Director (about $50.00) or (about $90.00). Corel VideoStudio Pro X5
Video editing software makes your videos look, feel and sound like professional videos. The Arc-Soft editor will make your videos lively and fun. It also provides a great conversion function to allow uploads to YouTube, FaceBook, and saving your video to your personal computer in a finished format.
The software is embedded into the Kodak PlaySport and will download to any computer you hook it up to. This makes it easy to use while on the go. With a few clicks of a mouse, you will be producing cool videos for your friends and family. Don't forget the funny pet videos!
Kodak Playsport 'How-To' Editing Video
Recommend This Camcorder - Based on the Review, How Many Stars Does it Rate?
© 2012 Austinstar
More by this Author
Review of one of the best digital cameras ever. It works and feels like a professional camera, but is super light weight and portable. With German lens technology and lots of user friendly controls, this camera is a...
Learn to use your computer as a tool for daily chores. Pay bills, balance your check book, check your credit card balances, read the news, organize recipes and photos. There are lots of daily tasks you can do with a...
Top 10 Best Texas Food Recipes and How to Cook Like a Texan. Chili, cornbread, beans, home fries, Chicken Fried Steak, spare ribs, brisket, frito pie, enchiladas and pecan pie.