Laptops: Sony 14.1" VGN-CS215J Intel Core 2 64Bit Available in 4 Colors
Daily tasks would be much more difficult without my laptop. Personally I cannot imagine anyone turning down an opportunity to own one. Just the cool factor of so many laptops causes them to be irresistible.
Do you like pink? If not don’t worry, the Vaio VGN-CS215J is available in three other colors – black, white or red. That should cover most preferences - Black for traditional, white for pristine, pink for the girly and red for the excited. Unlike most colorful laptops this Vaio has color everywhere. The outside color is extended to surround the monitor and the keyboard.
The beauty of the VGN-CS215J is more than skin deep.
- Vista Home Premium (64 Bit) does not overload the 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 processor and the 4GB RAM. The 250GB hard drive has ample room for photos, music, videos and data files.
- Even the DVD drive can handle the load because it is dual-layer which holds twice that of an ordinary DVD drive (8.5GB).
- The QWERTY keyboard is full size which is a big deal to many laptop users.
- A 14.1 inch screen with XBRITE technology. In addition the screen is not too shiny due to a special reflective coating so viewing at an angle is not a problem.
- Connectivity leaves nothing to wish for. There are 3 USB ports, 1 FireWire port also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link, Analog Video out, 1 headphone jack, 10/100 Fast Ethernet, 56K Modem, quad-mode Intel wireless WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1.
- Storage space is also more than ample. Beyond the 250GB hard drive there is 1 ExpressCard slot, 1 Memory Stick Pro slot and one SD memory card slot.
- Although not the lightest – 5.7 pounds is a reasonable.
- Energy Star 4.0 rating
The VGN-CS215J stands on its own with amazing credentials. If you require heavy duty computing abilities this laptop can handle it. If you are looking for heavy duty entertainment abilities as well, this laptop can handle it with the WindowMediaCenter. I suppose that brings us back to the color choice. Which one do you prefer?
More by this Author
All kids want a cell phone - even the very young. Many parents agree that they need one for several reasons including, safety, family communication and last but not least - entertainment.
You have to take notes and you can never keep up with them afterwards.You wish that your notes would magically appear on your computer where they could be edited and cleaned up a bit. There is always someone wanting a...