Track Any Cell Phone With Google Latitude - Easy Cell Phone Tracking
Introducing Google Latitude
Update: As of August 19th, 2013 Google has closed the doors for this app. It's no longer available.
This program was a long time coming. I think it's the coolest thing ever! Google has developed a free service called Google Latitude. This program works on concert with Google Maps. It's a free service that allows you and others that you give permission to to see exactly where you are at any time anywhere in the world from you smart phone or computer.
Basically, you send an invitation to a person that you want to be able to track you. When you BOTH agree, you can begin locating each other on Google Maps. Don't worry about your privacy. You can log out of Google Latitude at any time. You can also change who can see your location at will. If you only want someone to know the city you are in, you can do that too.
You can also locate a phone from a computer with an Internet connection with iGoogle. I envision logging onto iGoogle and being able to know instantly where my children are. What more could a parent want?
Google Latitude is a great cell phone locator service. You should give it a try.
Here are the best free cell phone tracking websites
Here is a list of the phones that are currently supported by Google Latitude.
- Most of the Symbian S60 devices.
- Most of the color BlackBerry devices.
- iPhone and iPod touch devices in the Safari browser that have OS version 3.0+)
- The Android-powered devices equipped with Maps version 3.0+
- Most of the Windows Mobile 5.0 and above devices.
Setting Up Google Latitude On Your Phone
Here are the steps for installing Google Latitude.
- From your mobile web browser go to http://m.google.com/latitude and install Google Maps.
- Open Google Maps on your phone.
- Go to the maps main menu and click on join Google Latitude.
- Log in to your Google account. If you don't have one, got to google.com and sign up for a free account.
- Type in your friends email addresses and click add friends. Remember your friends need to have this application set up on their phone as well as approve your request in order for you to start locating them.
- Set your desired privacy settings.
- Enjoy sharing your location with your friends from your phone!
How Much Does It Cost?
While it's free to use the Google Latitude application, standard data rates do apply. You really should check with your service provider to find out what you will be charged for data transmissions, if you don't already know this.
Whatever the small amount that you might have to pay for the data use is worth being able to quickly locate your kids with cell phones anytime you feel the need.
Google Latitude Video
Here's a neat little video from Google about their popular cell phone locator called Google Latitude.
Never track someone's cell phone without their permission using this technology. This may be against the law where you live and if you do engage in this type of behavior, you could get in a lot of trouble.
This information was provided to you for entertainment purposes only! Don't use any of it without knowing the laws that govern this technology where you live!
More by this Author
Tracking a cell phone online can be simple if you'll just read what I have to teach you in this article. Once you know how to do this, you'll wonder how you were ever able to live without this knowledge.
Using a cell phone locator app to track a cell phone online is so much fun! Follow along with me and I'll help you get started!
Today I will be telling you how to fix many of the problems that you might be having with your RV water pump. Few people actually understand how the water system works in their RV. If you have a 5th wheel, motor home,...
I Would Love To Hear From Someone Who Has Used Google Latitude
No comments yet.