Mobile phones -A boon or a bane
Mobile telephone service was introduced way back in 1946 in St Louis. During those days the range was only 20kms. Mobile telephony developed using two -way radios. Mobile technology was available in 1967, but the user had to stay within one cell area. This used the hexagonal module developed by engineers of Bell lab. Since then we have seen the advent of first generation mobile in 1983. Motorola introduced the first portable mobile phones. In 1990'ssecond generation cellphones became popular. These mobile phones were smaller in size and had better network signal since they use digital circuit switched transmission.Today we have 3G or the third generation mobile phones which has the latest innovations wherein besides making and receiving calls we have access to Internet, streaming radio and TV and wifi connection have also been added.
Smart phones are currently most popular among youngsters as well as businessmen. 4G mobile technology initiative has already begun.
Latest craze amongst youngsters is I phones. These are the most expensive ones incorporating the best features of a mobile phone. It is actually a combined combination of a cell phone and I pod.
Harmful effects of Mobile phones
Ever since a case was reported linking use of mobile phones to brain tumor many scientific studies have been conducted time and again to investigate the harmful effects of electromagnetic radiation emitted by mobile phones. Some scientists have openly warned of the hazards of Electromagnetic radiations.
Ten Disadvantages of mobile phones are listed below
- There is no denying that electromagnetic radiations produced by the mobile phone is very harmful. Cancer, Brain tumor, Glioma and meningioma, acoustic neuroma have been reported to be caused due to use of mobile phones for long duration(more than 10yrs).
- Small children are the most affected as these rays penetrate the skull 75% and for adults 25%.One can easily figure out why children need to be protected by EMR emitted by cellphones.
- Usage for long duration results in heating effect that increases the temperature of the head. So far monkeys and rabbits have been detected with cataract that was produced due to the exposure. Studies have shown that the temperature is not of very high magnitude so human beings are safe.
- Mobile phones damage DNA by interfering in replication and repair. This can have adverse effects and result in genetic disorders.
- Pregnant women are also affected by the radiations as it harms the baby.
- Many accidents have been reported due to mobile phones which distracts while driving. Even hands free kits have not succeeded in preventing the accidents because the driver is not attentive.
- Using earphones damages hearing. Tinnitus or ringing in the ears.
- We are accessible at all times which can become bothersome when you need a break. You may want to run away but your network will follow you. Very true as Hutch advertises. Calling someone at wrong time can have serious consequences. For instance you get a call when you are boarding a train. You may not answer but it certainly distracts you. If it is on vibration mode even worse. When telemarketers disturb you at odd hours to sell some silly package you feel like throwing your mobile and cursing the one who invented this headache. Anyway they avail the cheapest mode to contact us and that becomes a concern here. We do not want to be accessible all the time.
- Sleep disorders, Headache.
Mobile phones have advantages as well as disadvantage. However we cannot ignore the harmful effects of mobile phones prevent ourselves from electromagnetic radiation pollution. We can take precautionary measures to protect ourselves.
Impact of Mobile phone
Mobile phone - A boon
What are the advantages of mobile phones? We have become dependant on mobile phones. It has become an integral part of our lives. When we leave our home you will reach out for your purse and your mobile first. One day we forget our cellphone at home and see the difference. Most of us don't have an alternate number or if we do then we do not remember the phone number. The whole day will get affected. Your family won't be able to contact you on some other contact line because ever since you kept the mobile no one bothered to contact you on another line.
Top Ten Advantages of Mobile Phones
- We can save as many contact number(depending on the memory capacity of course) on your mobile phones along with their address.
- If you are a businessmen then you may lose business, both new as well as old. If you have a meeting with your client then you may not be able to contact him if you don't have his card. Most of us save their contact numbers in our handsets so you are in a mess again. When we are travelling mobile is the easiest and cheapest way to communicate with our family or concerned people if it is a business tour.
- What if one meets with a terrible accident,you cannot contact your loved ones. This can be the worst situation. A mobile is always handy at such times.
- Today we can pay many bills through mobile phones. It saves time no doubt.
- It is the fastest medium of communication. When there is an emergency and we have to send a message or alert someone a mobile phone is very helpful.
- We have easy access to Internet and therefore we can easily check our mails especially when we need to reply urgently.
- You have other tools like Calculator, Currency converter an inbuilt torch for emergency.
- We can record conversations without being noticed. Crime reporters make good use of this feature.
- One can store Music and Videos also for entertainment.
- We have many games for recreation.
There are many advantages. In short, Life is definitely possible without Mobile phones but difficult to manage since we have become dependant on mobiles. Cellphone is a boon as well as a bane.
Precautionary measures to protect from hazards of mobile phones
- Mobile phones- Its harmful effects cannot be ignored anymore
Harmful effects of mobile phone radiation have become a debatable issue these days.Mobile technology uses electromagnetic radiation in the microwave range which is known to be harmful to human health. Other...
More by this Author
Everyone wants a natural glowing skin,which is clear of blackheads,acne,pigmentation and dark circles.Is your skin Oily? Then you may also be suffering from blackheads as well as whiteheads. Blackheads if left untreated...
The skin care market is flooded with many face care products but how many actually work? Am sharing some simple tips to give you instant glow for all skin types.The best part is they are herbal.
Dark circles are a common sight these days. They make us look aged as well as pale and haggard. There are many causes for dark circles. Heredity,stress,anaemia are some common factors. There are some herbal remedies...