Motorola Atrix 4G
What's new about this phone?
The alliance between Motorola and Android seems like every other partnership, with a series of ups and downs but it’s not quite the case all the time. Well you see, this bond between Motorola and Android goes far beyond a mere marriage of convenience and well into a simmering love affair.
With a qHD touchscreen The Motorola ATRIX 4G is the first dual-core Smartphone in the Motorola line-up. This phone houses such incredible credentials that we can simply say, “It’s a Droid that’s not afraid of what comes next”.
It’s good to see that Motorola is among few others to come up with a phone using the Dual core technology. If you love privacy then this phone will certainly satisfy you all.
Motorola ATRIX 4GClick thumbnail to view full-size
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G with HSDPA and HSUPA
- 4" 16M-color capacitive touchscreen of qHD (960 x 540 pixels) resolution, scratch-resistant Gorilla glass
- Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 chipset; 1GB of RAM
- Android OS v2.2; MOTOBLUR UI (update to Gingerbread planned)
- Web browser with Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- 5 MP autofocus camera with dual-LED flash; face detection, geotagging
- 720p video recording @ 30fps (to be upgraded to 1080p Full-HD )
- Wi-Fi ab/g/n; Wi-Fi hotspot functionality; DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS; Digital compass
- Fingerprint scanner that doubles as a power key
- 16GB storage; expandable via a microSD slot
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP
- standard microHDMI port
- Smart and voice dialing
- Office document editor
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated secondary mic
- DivX/XviD video support
- Lapdock and HD Dock versatility
- Web browser with Adobe Flash 10.2 support
1. It does not have the latest Android version which is a little disappointing.
2. It has no FM radio. (God knows what they were thinking).
3. Image resolution is not that good when inspected closely.
4. The pinch zoom is very poor.
5. It has no dedicated shutter key.
6. It doesn’t operate without a SIM card inside.
The ATRIX 4G is certainly the most phone in Motorola’s arsenal right now. The ATRIX 4G is all ready to win the hearts and minds of the power users with its 1GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM and the ultra low power GeForce GPU under its hood.
The MOTOBLUR UIClick thumbnail to view full-size
It has to be said that it seems like Motorola is coming back to the mobile game. Motorola has been a leader earlier and now it’s trying to get its place back.
Android certainly has become the go-to Smartphone OS these days leaving behind the old Symbian OS. It has to be said that ATRIX is the best of Android’s attempt to create the perfect Smartphone.
At the moment the Motorola ATRIX 4G has some stiff completion from the following phones:
1. The Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II
2. LG Optimus 2X
3. HTC Sensation
4. Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc
5. The Samsung I9000 Galaxy S
No comments yet.