My Favorite Days of the Week
Monday may be the most disliked day, but not for me.
..and how to produce a hub article from nothing!
My Favorite Days of the Week, and Why.
I suspect that most of us have their favorite days of the week and could put them in order after a bit of thought.
Worker bees of the 9 to 5 persuasion might follow the TGIF philosophy and name Friday as their number one. Those who are retired, have no regular work days and hours might have any number of preferences, but Friday won’t have the same significance for them.
The people with whom God - or gods - plays a leading role in their lives, may immediately say Sunday; the more old-fashioned warmed by the pleasure of Sunday best and seeing many old friends in church.
Sports fans are surely going to shout as one “Saturday, mate!” Either the day they are going to play sports; visit a sporting venue or gather a plethora of snacks and some cold beers and gather round the Tele, well upsetting the Essex harridan.
I wonder how many will opt for “Bloody Monday?” It won’t be top of the list, that’s for sure, too many wage-slaves will be groaning after hectic weekends and shrugging off excesses of food and drink.
And why would some say Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday??
I know the British PM, David Cameron, groans at the thought of live PM’s Questions on BBC and SKY, prompt at midday on most Wednesdays: he will think glumly of the god, Woden, as the Leader of the Opposition, Ed Millipede nails him in the dispatch box, (or some other convenient body part). Plus, Wednesday is the midweek milestone, so it might be favored by the hordes praying for payday (TGIF!!).
But Tuesday…Thursday?? Sort of insipid, aren’t they, although all of the above suggests Thursday might win out by the voters.
This puts poor old Tuesday last…it’s hard to think of something it does uniquely, isn’t it? Well, I suppose it is the day when things settle down after the weekend: all the tardy workers show up sans hangovers and after a good night’s sleep. It is said to be the best day to travel by air as it is the least congested. There is one Tuesday - Shrove Tuesday - which I believe might garner a bit of interest from those hoping to reserve a place somewhere else one day.
Well, I am sure I’ve missed some significant recommendations for one day or another which you will remind me of, whoops, of which you will remind me - in the comments.
If anyone cares, my own favorite days in descending order with a brief explanation, are as follows:-
(1) Thursday. Best day to pick up lonely girls in bars. Weekends are no good, they come out in pairs or group handed, ready to demolish any hopeful blokes, or piss off after the gin money runs out. But the fair sex gets antsy by Thursday, especially when no one has phoned ‘em for a Saturday night date by then
(2) Monday. Thank frack the bloody boring weekend is over! TV is lousy in Britain - all reruns; half the shops are closed and I can’t use my geezer’s bus pass when there are no buses. Also, hope for the future (Ha!) gains a bit of momentum on Monday and you even catch the old sheepish grin from the Brits not having to work.
(3) Sunday. Not because of church, I haven’t been to a service since about 1950 when I was the choir soloist and fell asleep just before it was my time to sing. Well, don’t you think a just Almighty would have given me a prod!? No, there’s usually the best TV sports program on Sunday..and I get my pension online at midnight! And then there’s roast dinners if I can be bothered to cook one.
(4) Friday. Fish and Chips in the UK! (And in 3000 Howard Johnson’s motels all over the USA!). Also it was until recently the day my sex slave came around, ah, me, maybe I’ll have to rethink the day.
Three more bloody days? Lemme think a minute.
(5) Wednesday I suppose. PM’s questions are one (Hell, do I need to get a life!)…and I enjoy Cameron getting a lambasting and returning in good measure. He’s a very good speaker and poor old Milliband is usually left with a shriek on his face. I might have rated it higher, but it is the only day my favorite soap, “Eastenders” is not screened…how does one get lives these days!?
Two left facing the bottom spot.
(6) Tuesday. Yes, the bland day has beaten Saturday by a nose. This is not so much that I like nondescript Tuesday, but that I really hate Saturdays in nothing-to-do- Britain, especially with about 6 hours of daylight and snow on the ground all day in winter.
(7) Saturday. Many will love you, so I don’t mind relegating you here. If only 99% of TV wasn’t TV reruns that weren’t worth a zit in the first place! How many repeats of Top Gear on Dave does it take to drive you completely bonkers? Why did I stop drinking? I can’t even go to the pub (Have you tried drinking pints of diet coke for 5 bucks a glass while all around you are rolling in the aisles and pissing bitter?…once was enough).
Oh, well, doesn’t matter what day it is, I’ve got the budgies…and I wish they’d shut the frack up!
You can’t even use a good oath in an article now, because the Porn Kings (Google) will pull the ads.
More by this Author
.The following account is the actual operation a dear friend of mine experienced this week and told to me in three emails which I have patched together and have her permission to publish on HP.The surgery was for...
Owls: The Stuff of Magic and Legend. The Owl, by Robert Challen de Mercer (From Charged Particles) “All the forest dwellers take fright, At the silent ruler of the night. Wily hunter with steely...
"Hay, hay, hay, hay, pero, no es cierto!" The Mexican image a-la Hollywood is long gone. Although Spanish is becoming a necessary and respected language in the USA, understanding the brown brothers just to...