How to Know When it's Time to Get a New Computer
Computers can be expensive. They pretend like they're cheap, but as soon as you get into buying anything important (like, you know, a hard drive), the price skyrockets.
So many of us, if our computers are a little run-down, don't immediately turn them in for a new model. After all, laptops don't grow on trees. Many people, especially families, delay and procrastinate until their computer completely crashes and they lose all their data. Well, that might be a good point to consider a new one, but what if you don't want to wait until that point?
How do you know when it's truly time to get a new computer? Here's a list of a couple things to be on the lookout for, so you can be sure.
When should you trade in for a new model?
- When the only way to turn it off is to unplug it, and turning it back on is a 50/50 shot... It might be time.
- When you have to hold down the space bar to type any letters, and most of them don't work anyway... It might be time.
- When your daughter spilled Coke on it two years ago, and the screen is still sticky... It might be time.
- When the hard drive is older than Dakota Fanning... It might be time.
- When your monitor displays in monotone, except for the left few inches, which haven't displayed much of anything since that time you played dodgeball in the living room... It might be time.
When Your Screen Does This...
- When you've forgotten that computers can do anything other than word process... You're probably past due.
- When the thought of using your computer makes you physically ill, and your friends know not to bring up technology anywhere near you... Start saving.
- When the fan on your computer sounds like a spaceship is taking off in your bedroom, to the point that people have to actually speak louder in your house to be heard... You probably need a new one.
You can write a "hub" like this and make money from the advertisements! Just join the HubPages community (it only takes a few seconds), and start writing about whatever moves you. It's that simple!
- When the disc drive has been stuck in the "eject" position for the past eight months... It might be time.
- When your grandparents are using sleeker technology than you are and regularly mock your computer... It might be time.
- And, of course, when your computer won't load HubPages... It's probably time for a computer that will.
More by this Author
I hate talking to strangers on the phone. Here I share some of the tips I learned at a job where I have to constantly make and receive calls.
Many of us would hope not, but it seems to slowly be happening...
There's a serious debate as to whether the Prius is good or bad for the environment. How can this be; shouldn't it be obvious one way or the other? Read to see the complex issues on both sides.
No comments yet.