PC Game Controller
Personal computers are not typically known for their game controllers, but the number of PC gamers who use PC controllers is rapidly increasing. That's because using a controller on your PC is really easy and can drastically increase your gaming capabilities and your overall ease of use for your PC.
But there's a problem. There are way too many pc controllers on the market. It's hard to know which ones work well and which ones are a waste of money. That's why I wanted to write this hub. I'll cut right to the chase and show you some of the best PC controllers on the market today, complete with a full review, specs and details.
Read on to find the PC controller that will make you the better PC gamer you've always wanted to be.
XBOX 360 PC Controller
The Xbox 360 PC Controller is compatible with both the Xbox and the PC. It comes in wired and wireless flavors and is one of the most popular PC Controllers.
Features (of the wireless controller):
- Includes wireless receiver
- Wireless 2.4 GHz technology - up to 30 foot range
- Enhanced PC gaming and Xbox Live play
- Integrated headset jack for PC headsets
- For PC and Xbox 360
- Vibration feedback
- Very easy to install (plug and play if you have Windows Vista)
Logitech Cordless PC Controller
The Logitech Cordless controller is another hot seller on Amazon and elsewhere. It's PC and Mac compatible and features wireless capabilities up to 30 feet as well as the standard rumble pack/vibration feature.
With this PC controller you can also customize specific profiles and program buttons so it is quite versatile for gaming, web surfing and other PC functions.
- 2.4 GHz cordless performance with 30-foot range: High-speed data transfer for precise control with no lag
- 100 hours of battery life: Proprietary power management for longer battery life
- Dual vibration feedback motors: Feel all the hits, crashes, explosions, and many more effects
- Familiar button layout: 10 programmable action buttons, plus Mode and Vibration selectors and 8-way D-pad
- Analog control: Two analog sticks give you a performance edge with smooth 360-degree control
- Software included: Customize buttons, download game profiles, assign shift-button, and more
- Quality construction: As if you'd expect anything else from Logitech
Thrustmaster PC Controller Gamepad
The Thrustmaster Run 'N Drive Rumble Force Gamepad is a fantastic PC controller and comes with my high recommendations. This controller can work on your PS3, PS2 and PC so it's very versatile. Probably the only downside to this PC controller is that it is not wireless. Other than that, it has quite a few bells and whistles.
- First 7-axis gamepad for PC, PS2®, PS3® with optical wheel control
- Only controller with 7 progressive axes and optical wheel with automatic centering
- 2 progressive and programmable triggers
- Fully programmable: the buttons, mini-sticks, directional buttons, optical wheel and triggers can be swapped
- The internal memory stores configurations even when disconnected
- Vibration feedback on PC and PS2®
Airflow Ex PC Game Controller
The Airflow PC Controller is a solid PC controller if you're on a budget. It's gotten solid reviews at Amazon and it does games really well. It's created specifically for the PC only, it's wired and doesn't have the vibration function, but that is to be expected in this price range.
- Multiple programmable button configurations
- Low cost
Standard Logitech PC Controller
The final PC controller I would consider "quality" is the standard Logitech PC controller. Again, this is more of a budget controller but it will do the trick and will be faithful for a long time. One key feature of this particular PC Controller is that it uses a USB plug to plug into your computer.
- Play any kind of game with this versatile controller
- Feel the precision of two analog joysticks with digital buttons that have smooth 360-degree action
- Take full control with the familiar design and layout of 12 programmable buttons
- Be prepared for whatever comes your way with the trusty 8-way d-pad
- Start playing right away with plug-and-play convenience
More by this Author
Decorating your home with chic antiques is easy to get into but hard to master. Knowing how to get a plan in place, group particular items together and accentuate certain features of your design will all help...
A new study by GMAC showed that around 41 million current drivers would fail the standard driver's safety test. Did your state make the list as one of the worst in America?
If you've ever wanted a motorcycle but heard excuses that motorcycles are too dangerous or too expensive, you need help. Use these tips to help convince your wife, loved one or family members that it's okay to get a...