How to Earn Money From Pinterest
They say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." This is so true when it comes to Pinterest, a site that allows you to bookmark pictures you see on the web and post them to your own bulletin boards. This is such a good way to keep all of your interests in one place under the same theme.
Up until now when you saw something you wanted to keep, you would either print it immediately or bookmark it. However, when you wanted it later it was hard to find. Those days are now over because users can bookmark all their interests in one place under different themes and access them whenever they want to. Also, others can see what your interest are and perhaps become interested in them as well.
What Exactly Is Pinterest?
Pinterest is growing at a phenomenal rate in such a short period of time. From January to February 2012, it was reported that Pinterest had a 52% increase in unique monthly visitors from 11.7 million to 17.8 million.
Pinterest is driving more traffic than Google, YouTube, and LinkedIn, and has recently outpaced Twitter in blog traffic.
Pinterest has been popular with American women. So far in 2012, it was reported that 83% of the U.S. users were women in ages ranging from from 35-44. In Britain, however, 56% of the users are men and their ages are about 10 years younger than in the U.S.
Pinterest is a virtual bulletin board where people can post and organize images of things that interest them. Pinterest lets users pin their interests and share them with the world since Pinterest works along with Twitter and Facebook which makes it possible for images to be shared with a global community.
People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
The beauty of Pinterest is that a user can browse pinboards created by other people and "repin" to their own boards. Pinterest is a fun and quick way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share the same interests. Also, if you are looking for something specific, all you have to do is type a keyword in the search box and thousands of images will appear, and they are yours with a click of your mouse. Fortunately, when you do this, the original source is attached to the image in case you want to read more about it or purchase the product.
Pinterest is Good for Business
Pinterest has more than 11 million visitors a month and many are using it as a marketing platform to showcase their business. According to a study done by Shareaholic, not only did Pinterest drive more referring traffic views to websites than LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube combined, it also beat out Reddit and MySpace in total referral traffic in January. So, it’s no surprise that many brands and businesses are creating accounts.
If you are trying to create a business presence on Pinterest, here are tips to help you get started.
- Create an account and begin posting images of your product. Make sure you group them in appropriate categories so others can repin them and their followings can repin them. See how fast you can get free advertising just by posting images of products that interest others.
- Share blogs, infographics, and other interesting articles that are relevant to your business. Like and repin the pictures that interest you. Create boards to help people find what they are interested in.
- Almost any kind of business can use Pinterest and get traffic from it if they are providing value for the people who use it.
- When adding a pin, make sure the image and description are appealing so others will want to repin it. A good description should be short and to the point and explains exactly what is in the image. Be concise without being too cutesy.
- Follow other pinners and repin from their boards. Allow others to add their pins to your pins on a contributor board.
- Let others know you are a Pinterest user by adding a ‘Follow Me on Pinterest’ button to your blog or website. You can also add a ‘Pin It’ button to your pages or images to make it easier for users to share your items on Pinterest.
- Align your pinterest account with your other social media accounts such as Twitter and Facebook to let others know you have a Pinterest account, and they can check it out and perhaps become users themselves.
Who Uses Pinterest?
Pinterest has proven especially popular among women.The most popular categories on Pinterest are food and drink, DIY and crafts, and women's apparel.
In March 2012, law enforcement began using using Pinterest to reach new audiences beginning with the Kansas City Police Department in Missouri.
Pinboards can be used by educators to plan lessons. Teachers can pin sites for later referral. Students can pin and organize sources and collaborate on projects.
Retail companies have taken advantage of Pinterest for advertising and style trending. Companies like The Gap, Chobani, Nordstrom and West Elm use Pinterest as a tool for online referrals that link users with similar interests to a company.
And of course, anyone with a business can post products and others will repin them.
Warning About Pinterest
Pinterest is addictive. You may spend hours pinning and repinning. This happens because there are so many good images to choose from - even things you were not looking for.
Check Out Pinterest
More by this Author
Facebook is a great tool of communication and social networking.
A chain letter is a letter that the sender asks the recipient to pass on to a number of other people and then those people will forward to other people. This follows a chain; hence the name chain letter.
Eating peanut butter is a quick way to lower blood sugar level if you are a diabetic.