Searching For the Most Popular and Searched for Keywords
The internet is the new library and guru for a lot of people today. Millions, if not billions, use it to search for something. So what are they looking for? Here is the compilation of some major search engines to help you recognize the most searched-for keywords in the web.
- Google Trends – It pays to take a look at the trending topics on Google. This site contains Google’s database of popular keywords and searches. This will also give you an indication of website usage patterns and be able to track them.
- Yahoo Buzz Log – Yahoo is on league with Google and it is also imperative to check this site out. The site contains top overall searches, new keywords that have worked their way to the top and organized these searches into specific classes (movies, actors, music, sports, TV, buzz log, overall, video games, so on).
- AOL Search Trends – (link may not be working) A straightforward site for those wanting to know the hourly and daily AOL most searched keywords.
- MSN Search Insider – Provides a list of Top 200 searches. However, this along with other search keyword sites have not been updated for quite some time and doubtful it would be up and running ever again.
- Ask IQ (Interesting Queries) – This includes the most popular search terms in the past week but similar to MSN Search Insider, its status is not clear.
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool – Does not work like the other search keyword sites. This one needs you to enter keyword (s) to see the popularity and the monthly global searches.
- Search – This contains daily listings of popular keywords up to the 250th.
- ZDNet Top Search – For those who would like to know the top search terms over the last 30 days related to hardware, downloads, software, mobile, and anything under technology, here’s the site.
There are still some sites that are very popular but have ceased to exist. If you have any more listings of search keyword sites that are functional, do write it in the comment box below.
Here are some links that are equally useful
More by this Author
How much do you know about menstrual cycle? Read on to find out the four phases that most women undergo: follicular phase, ovulation, luteal phase and menstruation.
Many of the most common food-borne illnesses are the result of the hijacking of harmful microorganisms (tiny, living organisms that can only be seen only with a microscope) of our system.
Our forebrain consists of four lobes namely: parietal, frontal, occipital and temporal lobe. Find out what they are and their functions.