Passwords and Pin Numbers.
My head is spinning. Is there any wonder why? Its because I have to remember the following:
- Different pin numbers for different cards (credit card, debit card, savings card).
- Password for shopping for groceries on-line.
- Password for ordering books on-line.
- Email Passwords for home and work. (which change every 3 months)
- Password for other computer applications at work.
- Codes to use the photocopier at work.
- Combination code for opening my suitcase while on holiday.
- Pin number for ordering movies through Satellite TV.
- Password for on-line banking or Telephone banking.
- Password for accessing Writing Sites.
- Pin number for amending facilities on mobile phone.
- Security alarm code to get into my Apartment, which if not activated on time will alert the whole neighbourhood.
The list goes on……..
Does this sound familiar? Surely there must be an average of at least 15 Passwords and 5 pin numbers that people have to remember. I wonder if I have a small brain because I tend to forget my passwords or mix them up.
Well, I have found a way to make it easier for me to remember my Passwords. I choose a very distinctive word that no one can guess. E.g Cerise and 1 Character (Examples of characters @#$%^&*). So, my Password would start with Cerise#. Adding just one capital letter and one character would reduce the processing time of Hacking.
Now lets assume I want to register on the following sites:
My passwords would be:
- Cerise#bb (bcos blockbusters is long)
I find this very useful because I register with different sites at least once a month. So, if I haven’t shopped in Harrods for maybe six months, I know my password would be Cerise#harrods. If you ever forget your passwords, websites would send you a reminder or a new one but sometimes it takes 5- 10 minutes.
Alternatively, you could just have 3 passwords. One for low level security (e.g Grocery stores), One for medium Security (e.g Email accounts) and one for advanced security (e.g Banking/Finances)
Pin Numbers are easy to remember if you have just a few Bank cards.
** Submit your Hubs and other URL’s to shetoldme.com and earn with Adsense.
Other ways to remember your Password
- How to Remember Your Password - wikiHow
wikiHow article about How to Remember Your Password.
Using Strong Passwords
More by this Author
Interesting things to know about Nigeria.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.
A look at Pro Ana Websites that encourage Anorexia as a healthy lifestyle and endanger the lives of youngsters. September 2009.