Remote Desktop not permited to logon interactively.
The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively.
As a user of multiple Remote Desktop, this error came up. Being offline, no chance to Google this. So it was a stumble around. The steps to correcting this will be given.
A few tips in detective work to figure out where the corrective action needs to be.
As a user of Remote Desktops (Fig 1), this error had occured on a machine that was set up for multiple Remote Desktops concurrently. (Fig 2)
Without a help guide to pinpoint this, the clues are local, policy, and since we are doing a remote desktop. Those will be our guide. So when you encounter an error, it's always good to note exactly what that error says, as it gives your tech help friends a lot of information to work with.
The Policy editor produced nothing, nor a examination of services as all proper services where enabled, in dealing with Remote Desktop.
Finally as a hunch, "Computer Management" was opened. Now we can begin in earnest to fix our error.
To locating “Computer Management” navigate to where you have placed "Administrative Tools" (the location is variable depending on your setup – control panel for most users)
On a hunch because of “local” went to “Local Users and Groups”, opened Groups
Viola closest to my problem “Remote Desktop Users” (Fig 3) 'are granted permission'
4. Opening the “Remote Desktop Users Properties” (Fig 4) – showed no users – in your case a missing user. Click Add
5. On “Select Users” screen (Fig 5) select “Advanced”
6. On Advanced Select Users screen, click “Find Now”
7. Now highlight your user (Fig 6), click OK
8. On “Select Users” screen Fig 7, click OK again
9. On the “Remote Desktop Users Properties” (Fig 8), click OK again
10. Exit “Computer Management”
11. Now from your Remote Machine try again. Success!! (Fig 9)
More by this Author
Rob Benwell is having problems, that it's a "Buyer be aware policy" when purchasing his products. He is the author of Google Annihilation, bloggingtothebank, Auto Blog X, Blogging Espionage,Bloggingtothebank...
What are the top 10 popular breakfast cereals? And more importantly how do they rank for their nutrition. Good, bad or ugly.
No comments yet.