Samsung galaxy ace get android 2.3 update (Gingerbread) in India
Samsung galaxy ace is a very good mid range android phone available in market today. Main attractions of these phone are a 5MP excellent camera and 600MHz Qalcomm processor with a 200MHz GPU. Read more about the phone
Samsung released this phone with android 2.2 froyo with the promise that updates will come soon. Now these updates have reached India, after a small delay from releasing this update for other countries.
Advantages of updating to 2.3
The main advantage that is going to get after updating to android 2.3 from 2.2 that you are getting along with your phone is VGA video recording gets unlocked after update- So far using galaxy ace you can record videos only in a lower resolution. But after updating to android 2.3 you can record videos with VGA resolution-640*480. This will enable you to record videos with nearly three times more clarity. Also there are some user interface changes- Font is changed system wide. This new change is not making much difference. But the new font is more good compared to the old font. Also the notification panel icons have changed. In music player also there is some change in user interface, the 5.1 channel conversion option available in music player settings has now came to the primary now playing window itself. Also now you can know how far media scanning is completed as now media scanning shows percentage of completion also. System wide copy paste- Now you can copy paste contents between applications easily. In previous versions of android this functionality was limited between certain applications. Improved soft keyboard input methods- With android 2.3 update there comes a new input option called talk back method. This comes under accessibility method. It talks back whatever action you do in the phone in addition to typing like opening applications etc. Also Samsung is claiming that the phone will get more battery backup time, or the battery will run more in a single charge. About this we need to see yet as the idle free RAM available in the phone has decreased slightly after updating phone. But this is not enough to make any noticeable change. Also with the new update a new option is coming to the phone called Samsung account, which allows you to create a new account for each phone. using this account you can install later updates coming after this from phone itself without connecting to computer. But for this update you have to resort on computer.
How to update galaxy ace to 2.3 gingerbread
For updating the phone you need to have a computer with internet connectivity and installed with Samsung kies. This is a software coming along with your phone in a CD. Before checking for updates you will need to update Samsung kies to its latest version. So you can describe the steps of updating to 2.3 as
1. Check whether your Samsung kies is latest or not. If not update to latest one( If you have working internet connection it will notify that update is available, you just need to click update)
2. Connect your Samsung Galaxy ace phone to PC using the usb cable that you are getting along with the phone
3. Click the option find firmware updates. Select download update. It will take some time depending on your internet connection speed. So please be patient
4. After completing download apply update to the phone. This is the only process in the update during which you need to make sure that power supply remains uninterrupted.
5. After applying update, phone will reboot, During this process you need to wait patient. Never interrupt the reboot procedure as it may brick(make useless) your phone. During the reboot the display will show SAMSUNG for the whole time, not ANDROID as usual, no need to tense just wait until it boots up entirely
Now you have successfully installed the new update of android 2.3 to your galaxy ace phone. Congrats enjoy.
Careful- Try to install update only through this method as this is the method suggested by Samsung. There are many sites offering their own methods to install update by downloading their softwares, most of these methods will finally end up in some errors.
More by this Author
Using the free android app Lotus launcher, it is very easy to access IBM lotus notes mail in your Android phone. To configure Lotus launcher do as following
See how to share your USB modem or data card internet between different laptops, smartphones tablets etc
Read details about the different types of waiting lists in IRCTC railway ticket booking. Also, find out about the chances of ticket confirmation for different waiting lists.