Size of Universal Milling Machine
The size of universal milling machine is designated by the dimensions of the working surface of the table audits maximum length of longitudinal cross and vertical travel of the table. The following are the typical size:
- Table Length * Width.
- Power traverse = Longitudinal * Cross * Vertical
In addition to the above dimension umber of spindle speeds, number of feeds, spindle nose taper, power available, net weight and the floor space required, etc., should also be stated in order to specify the machine fully.
Care and Maintenance of Milling Machine
The intelligent milling machine operator will study and observe the following or safe working practices when operating the machine.
- Learn how to operate the controls before using the machine.
- Fasten the work securely in the vise or to the table.
- Does to change spindle
speeds of any machine while the machine is running (unless there is a
device on the machine that can change spindle speeds while the
machine is running?)
- Make sure that the cutter is clear of the work
- Never remove or tighten a milling machine arbor nut with the power on.
- The support arm must always be in position when the arbor nut is being removed tightened.
- Do not remove the guards from the machine.
- Do not walk away from their machine while the cutter is revolving. Shut off the motor.
- When removing end mills and face milling cutter, always hold a rag over the sharp edges of the cutting teeth, this will prevent painful cuts.
- Release all automatic feeds when you have finished using the machine.
- If you are not sure of the correct and safe methods of procedures ask your teacher.
- Milling Machine Parts and their Function
The principle parts of milling machine are given: Base The base of the machine is Grey iron casting accurately machined on its top and bottom surface and serves as a foundation member for all the other...
More by this Author
The attachment and standard or special auxiliary devices intended to be fastened to or joined with one or more components of the milling for the purpose of augmenting the range, versatility, productivity or accuracy of...
The principle parts of milling machine are given: Base The base of the machine is Grey iron casting accurately machined on its top and bottom surface and serves as a foundation member for all the other parts which...
The means through which data is transformed from one place to another is called transmission or communication media. There are two categories of transmission media used in computer communications. BOUNDED/GUIDED...