Social Bookmarking Strategy to Get Targeted Traffic
Using Social Bookmarking Sites to Get Backlinks
The Value of Using Social Bookmarking Sites
Many people don't understand the added value that social bookmarking sites contribute to a site. There is more to social bookmarking sites than just getting on the first page. It's true that getting on the first page of any social bookmarking site gives you a flood of traffic that may crash your site (like the Digg effect). Unfortunately, that's usually not the case with most bookmarks. However, just getting your site added to a social bookmarking site gives you several benefits.
Here are seven benefits of using social bookmarking sites:
- Just opening an account and adding your website to your profile (and web directories) is an added plus. If you look at the picture I've included, you'll see how my website comes up on several accounts.
- Social bookmarking sites are indexed regularly. When you create a new site, add it to digg, delicious or reddit and watch it show up on Google in 24 hours.
- You may gain new readers or subscribers.
- You may have a post that members love and you may get a flood of traffic!
- Some of social bookmarking sites are do follow and will send you some "link juice". Here is a list of 785 do follow social bookmarking sites.
- The more social bookmarking sites you use, the more people that see your name, your site and your picture. You are increasing your presence on the internet.
- Your post may show up higher on the search engines because it's bookmarked. Check out the photo I've included that has an example.
Now that you understand the benefits, let's discuss how to maximize your social bookmarking. When you add the url, be sure to add it to the appropriate category. This will help people find your submission. The next thing you need to do is choose tags. Some sites have a certain amount of tags that you can add, so make sure they are relevant. Write an authentic summary to your submission, Don't use the beginning of article as the summary. You want to make sure you use targeted keywords not used in the title of first paragraph.
Make Sure You Complete Your Profile
Try to use the same username and picture on every site you use. Why? This makes it easier for your readers or social networking buddies to find you. If your username is taken, they can check your pictrue to see if it's you. Remember, you want to broaden your online presence. Use every chance you get to promote YOU! Don't forget to add your main website url and make sure you leave a way for members to get in touch with you.
When adding content to social bookmarking sites, add more than just your site. You should be contributing relevant and helpful content to the community. The more helpful people find your content, the more people that will add you to their network. Take the time to comment and vote. Members usually reciprocate any votes or comments. To find targeted followers, find a submission that is similar to the content you submit and then add the members that voted for it. This will help you increase your network on every site.
I hope you found this information useful. Remember, you can't succeed if you don't take action!
Getting the Most Out of Your Profile
- Try to use the same picture on every site. Think: brand recognition.
- Use keywords in your anchor text for your website's name.
- Give a description of the services you provide, your expertise or the purpose of your website.
- Invite members to add you to other networks. Give them a call to action.
Here's an Example of How the Social Bookmark is Listed Higher than the Actual Article!
How Social Bookmarking Sites Rank on Search Engines
HubPages That Will Help You Earn More
- Hubber Traffic vs. Search Engine Traffic. Why You Need Both!
- Easy Steps to Better Search Engine Rankings
Improve your site's Google Search Engine rankings by following the tips on this post. With a combination of high quality links and on page SEO, you will improve organic search traffic and profitability.
- Create Backlinks to Help Search Engines Find Your Hubs
Backlinks are very important when it comes to making money on HubPages. Why? Backlinks are road maps that lead search engines to your HubPages. By building links back to your HubPages you are giving search...
- Five Reasons Why You Are Not Making Money on HubPages
You made a couple of HubPages to test out the site. You wrote an article, posted a picture and now you are waiting. You are not making money on HubPages like you expected. You haven't earned more than...
More by this Author
Clickbank is a marketplace for digital informational products and software. It is one of the most popular methods that internet marketers use to make money online. There are gurus that claim Clickbank has helped them...
As a mother to 7 kids, I've attended more birthday parties than the average mom. The following ten suggestions for kid's birthday parties in Middletown NY are personal recommendations. I have to admit, I don't like to...