Systems Software Quality Assurance Standard
ISO9000 Quality Standard
This describes quality assurance elements in geometric terms that can be applied to any business regardless of product or services offered, they have been adopted by many countries which intern permits ISO registered companies to supply goods and services.
ISO9000 Elements Includes
· Organizational structure
· Process and resources needed to implement quality planning, quality control, quality assurance and quality improvement; however it does not describe how organization should implement this system quality element
ISO9001 Quality Standard
This contains the quality assurance that applies to software engineering, the requirement by ISO9001 address areas such as management responsibility, quality system, design control documented, data control, process control, inspection and testing, corrective and preventive action, training servicing among other areas. Software organization willing to register ISO2001 must establish policies and procedure to address each of the requirements and also demonstrate that this policies and procedures are being followed
Importance of Quality Assurance Standards
1. They form a collection of the best or most appropriate practice, this is mostly based on past experience
2. They provide a framework around which quality assurance can be implemented
3. Assist in work continuity that is they ensure that all engineers adopt the same practices
Quality Assurance Standards Problems
· Product standard such as product format, design documentation and document structure are tedious to follow
· If standard are outdated and irrelevant they usually have negative impact on the engineer and development work
Avoiding Quality Assurance Standards Problems
· Involve the software engineer in the development of standards
· Their contribution ensure that they can easily use the standard so developed
· Review and modified standards regularly to reflect changing software development technology, the standard will hence be relevant and usable
· Use software specification tools to support usage of standards
Document Quality Standards
This involves around the standards which all documentation must conform to during the software development process. Documentation is important because it represent software development process in a tangible form
· To make the software and software process visible and hence understandable
· To ensure that relevant documents are created during software development, the standard should state which document are expected at each stage of development
· Ensure that documents are reliable and understandable by using consistent standards format and notation
· Ensure that the documents are interchangeable without loss of information especially if electronic storage is to be used
- Software Quality Assurance and Management
Software quality may be defined as conformance to explicitly functional and performance requirement explicitly documented developed standard and implicit characteristic that are expected of all professionally...
- What is a data flow diagram? and DFD Symbols
Data flow diagram is a geographical tool that shows, process, flows, stores and external entities in a system. Dataflow diagram shows the transformation of data into a system. Dfd has got the following symbols...
- System testing and implementation
Testing is done all the way in system development. It is meant to turn up any unkown problem. Not to demonstrate the perfection of a program's manual or equipment. Though it is tediou, its help to assure the...
- What is Feasibility Study
The contents of feasibility study should include 1. Project Name - Should be relevant to what you are going to achieve 2.Description of of the problem to be solved 3. It should have a statement of critical...
- Do you know the kind of system Level that exist in your organization
There are system types that exist in an organization and wiil discuss the following four kind. Operational level system This refers to information system that monitors the element ary activities and...
- Types of Organizational System
There are so many types of organizational systems available in an organization. The systems depends with the activities and the number of staff it support. Below are the existing system found in an...
ISO9000 Quality Standard:
Software Quality Assurance Standard
More by this Author
How computer input, process and output data This short description of how computer process data into information. It explains what happens from the time you enter your data through the keyboard to printing on the...
LOCAL AREA NETWORK DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION (LAN) part 1 The first steps in designing a LAN (Local Area Network) are to established and document the goals of the design The design should aim at addressing the...
Writing minutes these days is not left to the secretary alone. With the availability of portable computers you may attend a meeting without your secretary and you are required to produce minutes. Many people do not know...