Speed Up Disk Cleanup Scanning Time in Windows
Normally, disk clean takes much time if you run it after five to six months later. I personally preferred to run it once a month to delete the unnecessary files and increase hard disk space. Moreover, it also helps speed up your computer also. Disk cleanup scanning time takes much and you may feel boring during this time. But don't worry. I will now revel some tips to do it very fast. It must speed up disk cleanup scanning. No software is required. Just play with the following instructions.
Steps to speed up disk cleanup scanning time
- Go to Start > Run
- In the run, type regedit and hit Enter key
- Now, follow the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Compress old files
- Select Compress old files folder and press Delete button to delete this entry.
- Lastly, Restart your computer.
In the later section, you will see the pictorial outlook of al the steps:
After finished restart your computer, run disk cleanup utility again. Now, you will find that the scanning process time is very short and within very short time your task is finished. Enjoy !!
More by this Author
Most of the IT farm's job interview or written exam has at least one question regarding OSI or TCP/IP model. Some questions of this topic are presented here with very concise answers. All these questions are very...
A list of default usernames and passwords for CISCO routers.
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...