Split PST File in an Easiest Way
How to speed up Outlook 2007
On one side where the email conversation has become the backbone for businesses, fear of losing important data (emails, attachments, calendar, contacts, etc.) is also increasing. To minimize this fear, Microsoft has increased the default size limit of .pst file to 20 GB from 2 GB in MS Outlook 2003 and later versions. In the versions earlier than Outlook 2003 when the .pst file (where Outlook stores your emails, contacts, etc.) crosses 2 GB, it becomes inaccessible leading the user to bear data loss. Now the question arises how to split the size of PST file in Outlook 2003? Don’t panic, as this split PST post will provide you the solution.
However, the fear of reaching/crossing the maximum size limit has been reduced a lot, but unfortunately the increased size limit has created another problem for Outlook users. Now, when the users know that they have enough PST storage, they do not think a lot about managing the PST size, which ultimately slows down the Outlook.
How large PST creates performance issues
As the .pst file in Outlook 2007 reaches around 4 GB, Outlook starts behaving in a sluggish way. For example, Outlook starts taking more than the required time when you launch it, starts giving pauses when you send/receive an email, and sometimes it get hanged due to which you need to restart Outlook. Remember abruptly closing Outlook may damage PST file putting you in the nightmare of data loss.
- Split PST Tool to Split & Divide Lagre PST Files From Outlook
Kernel for pst split software to make easy and manageable pst file.
How to resolve performance issues in Outlook and increase its speed
To keep the PST miles away from damage and to let the Outlook works fast, you should split PST or archive old emails as soon as you start getting the sign of Outlook’s sluggishness. Now you must be thinking is there a way to split PST file? Do not worry! Here is the solution. You can select anyone of these two methods to split PST into two files for reducing the size of .pst file i.e. you can split PST file or can archive old emails. As far as the Outlook speed issue is concerned, splitting the PST file also helps to speed up the Outlook 2007 launch by archiving. This article describes both the way to help you speed up Outlook in a comfy manner.
Archive Old Emails: When you archive old emails, a new .pst file is created on your computer system carrying the archived emails in it. Following steps are a best way to archive PST files:
Start MS Outlook 2007.
Select File > Archive. The “Archive” dialog box appears.
Select the “Archive this folder and all subfolders” option.
Select the folder that you want to archive.
Select a date in the “Archive items older than” field to let the Outlook archive the items that are older than the selected date.
Specify a location to save the archive.pst file by clicking the Browse button. By default, the Outlook creates the archive.pst file in the same folder where original Outlook.pst file exists.
Click the OK button. As you click the OK button, Outlook starts archiving emails of the selected folder. On completing the process, a folder named Archive will be added in the left panel.
It is important for you to note that the pst file will get displayed in the Mail Folders list as Archive Folders. You can also change the display name of this .pst file, just by following these steps:
- Right-click Archive Folders,
- Select Properties. The Archive Folders Properties dialog box appears, click Advanced.
- In the Personal Folders dialog box, enter the new display name in the Name box.
Click OK twice to return to Outlook.
- In order to move items to a new .pst file, make use of Move to Folder feature. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select File > New, and click Outlook Data File.
- In new Outlook Data File dialog box, select Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst), and then click OK.
- Specify the path along with the name of a file name for the new .pst file.
- Specify the display name of the .pst file in the Name box right in Create Microsoft Personal Folders dialog box
Note: The name you specify will be the name used by Outlook in the Mail Folders list.
Now, in the folder containing the items that you want to move to a new .pst file, click on items you want to move.
- Select Edit menu, click Move to Folder.
- Click New in the Move Items dialog box.
- Enter a name of the fresh folder in the Name box in the Create New Folder dialog box.
Under Select where to place the folder, click the new .pst file, and then click OK.
Now, you will not face performance issue with Outlook. But opting this manual process is always going to involve ample amount of time.
2. Split PST File
- Another option for you to speed up Outlook and to protect the .pst file from being damaged is split PST. However, best way to split up PST is with third party tool, as there is no built-in tool available to split PST file into individual PST files. Once the tool splitPST into two files or more than two, speed of the Outlook will be increased because Outlook works in a speedy manner with small sized PST.
Kernel for PST split is the easiest way to split PST and enables you to split PST files, which are shared over network, saved separately, or are currently being used. While splitting PST into small PST files, the software maintains emails properties, structure, and formatting. The software is the best way to split up .pst file or a best way to archive PST files, the utility supports all versions of MS Outlook.