Trending: How to Block Spam Trends: Twitter Needs Spam Filter
A Slice of Life
Google Spam | Google Plus: Sorry for the spam By Hayley Tsukayama
It can happen to the best of them. Google social lead Vic Gundrota apologized to Google + users for a site malfunction that caused the network to spam them over the weekend.
CLICK-> 2009 Twitter COMPROMISE: DO NOT CLICK STAY LOGGED IN
FOLLOW HORMEL | A New Type of Spam
A few stories, experiences, bits of advice and book recommendations have been listed below.
A number of good books have been written for the layperson and the expert internet browser and email user about protecting themselves from spam. Spam implies more than being overridden with junk email. Now that we have social networking, spam means lots more junk and potential hazardous risks when getting online.
ScottWilliams.tv | Has written an article about his wife's twitter account getting HACKED! Now that is serious. So, please DO NOT CLICK any DMs, just like you wouldn't click any links in an email from a person who did not specifically give a heads up instruction that the link is safe. Don't fall for any cute games, jokes or images. THAT'S TODAY'S WARNING
LINKS TO THE OTHER KIND OF MEAT
PROCESSED MEAT | Spam lovers can now follow the latest news and recipes pertaining the canned meat through social networking sites like Twitter.
HORMEL FOODS CORPORATION. <~ CLICK to Follow Hormel on Twitter, you will receive updates on the company and their products.
SPAM | Unwanted Clutter That Wastes Time & Energy
Help Twitter Nail Spammers
TWITTER BLOG: Twitter has a SPAM REPORTER.
This system has cleaned up the massive amounts of spam. Do you think the spammer are finding ways around this? We have less unsavory tweeps. Just click the "REPORT AS SPAM" and WHAM! It's done. You can also use this tool to BLOCK someone who does not deserve the spam report.
Definition: What is spam?
“Spamming” can describe a variety of different behaviors. Here are some common tactics that spam accounts often use:
- Posting harmful links (including links to phishing or malware sites)
- Abusing the @reply function to post unwanted messages to users
- Creating lots of accounts or using automated tools to create multiple accounts
- Spamming trending topics to try to grab attention
- Repeatedly posting duplicate updates
- Posting links with unrelated tweets
- Aggressive following behavior (for instance, mass following and un-following in order to gain attention)
Behaviors that constitute “spamming” will continue to evolve as we respond to new tactics by spammers. You can find a more comprehensive list of spam behavior in the Twitter Rules.
THANK YOU TWITTER
Steps to Reduce Twitter Spam Have Been Very Effective
Love This One
What You Can Do Right Now!
CLICK LINK NOW --->HERE
To Check Your Twitter Account
The link above opens your Settings Account Manager. You should see a list of Twitter Third Party Applications that you have at one time or another Accepted. Those applications are now linked to your twitter account and they talk to each other to update information.
You probably have a long list of linked applications, such as, Google, GetSatisfaction, Pingfm, HuffingtonPost, MashableConnect, TweetMeme, Twibes, Posterous, DISQUS, or one of hundreds more.
If you DO NOT recognize the name of any applications you see in your Connections List, simply click "REVOKE ACCESS."
How To Unfollow People on Twitter
Jollie O'Dell of "ReadWriteWeb" wrote a piece called, "Twitter Censoring Trending Topics? Isn't It About Time?"
It's a bit of a paradox to bring this subject of censorship and spam to our attention. On the one hand, we don't want to have anything to do with it and on the other hand we want to find a way to get rid of it, which means talking about "it." - censorship and spam.
My Question to Tweeple - people who use Twitter
How many of you in the twitterverse value your time? Getting flooded with spam, porn, and junk mail takes moments out of your life that build up to hours and days. Sadly, once that time is gone it can never be retrieved. It's not like we asked these perverts to follow us. How do they find us? Why are there so many of them? What is there purpose in life?
The Question of Filters
I agree with a system of filters, even if it is a personal filter, rather than a broad based Twitter filter. True, you have a choice to click or not on the "Trend Topics", but we are engaged with the robotic trolls when they are not filtered.
What I Believe
Everything we see and read impacts us as that information enters our brain and senses. It effects us emotionally and then on a deeper level. I believe Twitter is about value, enrichment, education, good people, expanding our reach, and communication on a global level. Our world is polluted and hopefully this marvelous tool will not become polluted, as well. We filter our water, now we might need to filter our messages.
We Filter All the Time
Our brain filters our world and we each have a very personal unique perspective. If we were bombarded by every sensory input we would go insane. And I think that when Twitter does not filter then tweeple get overwhelmed. It's not just too much information, it's the negative messages that deplete energy.
Using Our G-d Given Mouths
G-d gave us a two filters: 1. the teeth and 2. the lips. We hopefully use these two filter to guard what goes out. We have trillions of thoughts, but only the best of our souls should be coming forth into the world as sound and words. For those who think that freedom of speech to say anything and everything is not harmful are wrong. Words hurt. You know the old saw, "Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Can Never Harm Me." How many of you have not been hurt by what others have said to and about you?
the Fine Line
As in my recent Hub article about Banning Smoking in Public places. Everything seems to come down to ethics. What we do and do not do in our lives. How we effect and relate to others. What we are concerned about and how we make the world a better place to live.
It's All About Choice and Regulation
In a way, this Hot Topic about filtering Trendy Topics, says something about our world society and what people are thinking. They question what is proper and right. This is good. They are deciding how to make choices for themselves personally and globally as community. My hope is that we will move forward to find ethical right choices and equitable solutions that satisfy the majority. I believe people are good at heart.
URL Shorteners Inundated with SPAM!
Twitter Now Shortens Your URL Using the Bit.ly Service. I read that they receive 2 million spam links a day! WOW! I do not know exactly if this figure is factual.
- Techcrunch Report: The core Bit.ly service, which lets users shorten web URLs into something suitable for Twitter and other services with limits on characters per post, has continued to grow quickly. 7 million URLs are shortened via the service each day, the company says, and 2-3 million of those are unique URLs Bit.ly has not seen before. Those Bit.ly URLs are clicked on 150 million times per week across a wide range of services – Twitter, Facebook, instant messaging, email, etc. Twitter itself now uses Bit.ly for URl shortening, and the service has quickly taken the lead in their market.
- Those are two big advantages Bit.ly has over Digg – distributed link clicking data that is far harder to game, meaning SPAM links.
- Visit the Spam Lawsuits website linked above to see the latest news and legal actions!
If you have not seen this incredible WEDDING VIDEO ~ Click the Video Below and Watch it here now. You will be so happy you did!
- If you do a "spam" search this famous 5-minute wedding dance video pops up. They say that it contributes to 2 million spam links a day. What an incredible memorable wedding production. I’m sure we wish this couple a most joyous and incredible life together.
- And the best thing about it is they have turned this event into a ‘giving opportunity’ against violence in the world. For more information or to make a donation towards violence prevention please visit http://www.jkweddingdance.com/
The Best Spam Blocker for Your Blogs | akismet
Recaptcha is another familiar Spam Blocker
Evading Spam Using Images: This article that explains how OCR is capturing words in images [search lwn dot net]
2 Million Hits a Day Spam Wedding Video
Twitter Trend Filters
Do You Feel There Should Be Filters Applied To Twitter Trends?See results without voting
What is spam?
What Kind of Bird Are You?
How To Block Internet Sites Using Explorer
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM founded Homeopathy World Community social network. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
- If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.
More by this Author
The present concern is swine flu. Influenza strikes in winter when there is less daylight and people stay indoors. The holidays bring people together in close quarters to spread the epidemic disease. What can you do?...
Discoverable: How to Make Apple Magic Mouse Mighty Mouse Work an editorial on the design.
- 36Homeopathic Formic Ant Remedy Formica Rufa Relieves Rheumatic Arthritis Gout, Acid, Stings and Itching
Extensive article about homeopathy and other scientific facts related to one homeopathic remedy for arthritis, rheumatism, gout, stiff joints, weak vision, eczema, itching, hives, nettle rash, shingles, edema, headache,...