Tsu-a Social Network That Pays You to Post
NOTE: As of 08/03/2016 Tsu has ceased operations.
"Here's how it works: For starters, tsu keeps 10 percent of all revenue it makes from advertisements, third-party applications and sponsorships. The other 90 percent is shared back to users via two separate pools of money, one for content creators and another for the network that recruited the content creator.
One pool, or 45 percent of the total revenue, is distributed based on page views generated by your own content. If you post an amazing viral photo and 25 percent of all of tsu's traffic that day go to your page, then you get a quarter of the user-money pool for the day.
The other 45 percent pool gets a bit more complicated, by going out to the social network that helped bring the content poster into the site to start with, creating a recruitment incentive. For instance, if I don't ever post anything myself, but I recruit Kim Kardashian and she starts posting photos, I receive one-third of the proceeds generated by her pictures (and the person that recruited me gets one-third of what I get, and the person that recruited me gets one-third of what they get, etc.)" http://www.bizjournals.com/
Wouldn't it be nice it sites like Facebook would share a portion of the revenue with those who regularly contribute and use the site?
Sites like Facebook makes millions per month by adding adverts to the pages of its users, in return you the user has a place to post links, articles, photographs and almost anything that your heart desires.
Facebook has been in the news lately due to its many algorithm changes and other actions which often seem to upset its users in one way or another but its audience continues to grow and they continue to make millions by not doing much once you think about it.
In other words Facebook is very successful because advertisers really want to place ads next to the things that you are posting on the site and don't forget that in a way it's your stuff and your content.
Welcome Tsu, (pronounced like Sue) a new social sharing site that was years in the making and has recently joined the fray for your views and participation. But there is one very big difference between Facebook and Tsu; Facebook keeps all the revenue generated by the advertisements while Tsu will share a portion of this revenue with you. Why are they willing to share the money with you?
"It's the content creator contributing this valuable content, and frankly, doing all the work," said cofounder and CEO Sebastian Sobczak.
Should you drop everything a run to join Tsu right now? Keep in mind that although the owners have been testing, tweaking and improving the site for a few years, it was recently launched and there is plenty of time to see how it will stack up to Facebook but from early reports and judging from its user's comments it looks like they have done a good job.
While Facebook measures its successes in millions of monthly users Tsu measures it in the thousandths but its membership seems to be growing exponentially everyday.
From everything that I have read Tsu seems to be a good alternative to other similar sites. The fact that it pays you for posting things you already do on other sites means that you can get residual income even if you are not that active.
Let's see an example; suppose that you sign up and do not post anything but someone who is active in the site and was referred by you (signed up through you) posts often and their posts are popular, then even if you do nothing you can still get a share of the revenue produced through having referred someone else.
This is probably the most attractive feature that the site offers and it is worth it to give a shot. It is easy to navigate, post and share as well as featuring the ability of creating a mailing list with one of their applications.
Nothing about the site speaks badly but everything points to a well designed venture which has nowhere to go but up. You really have nothing to lose and much to gain.
© 2014 Luis E Gonzalez
More by this Author
An easy project which should take no more than an hour is making your own reflective photographic umbrella.
learn to use the more sophisticated editing tools not only to correct flaws but to add a myriad of special effects
You have seen many an advertisement which features beautifully manicured hands or the hands of a working person, baby hands and just plain old hands.