Text Messaging--A New Language
Everyone has a cell phone, but EVERYONE. Now I'm only one without one. I find I don't need one since I work from home, and I found it's a LOT less expensive NOT to have one. One thing that fascinated me about these devices, is the text messaging and the secret codes kids came up with to send to each other on the internet. Here's a list of text message/internet acronyms that parents might like to know:
- 8 ....means oral sex
- 143...means, "I Love You"
- 182...means, "I Hate You"
- 420...means, marijuana
- AEAP...means, "As early as possible"
- ALAP...means, "As late as possible
- CD9...means, "Code 9 (parents are around)
- C-P...means, "Sleepy"
- F2F...means, "Face to Face"
- GNOC...means, "Get naked on Cam"
- GYPO...means, "Get your pants off"
- HAK...means, "Hugs and kisses"
- ILU...means, "I Love You"
- KPC...means, "Keeping Parents Clueless"
- LMIRL...means, "Let's meet in real life"
- MOOS...means, "Member of the opposite sex"
- MOSS...means, "Member of the same sex"
- MOS...means, "Mom over shoulder"
- MPFB...means, "My personal f*** buddy"
- NIFOC...means, "Nude in front of the computer"
- NALOPKT...means, "Not a lot of people know that"
- P911...means, "Parent Alert"
- PAL...means, "Parents are listening"
- PAW...means, "Parents are watching"
- PIR...means, "Parent in room"
- TDTM...means, "Talk dirty to me"
- WTF...means, "What the f***?"
I'm fascinated by all this. We had kind of an "in" language, back in the day. I was sometimes clueless then, too, but I remember from my stepsons, nothing makes you feel so out of step as having a teenage child in the house engage with friends, speaking a wholly different language. The only one on this list (and there are lots more out there) that I personally recognized was, WTF. That one, even I could figure out.
More by this Author
Here are some o fthe theories and ideas of the most unique mind of our times: Stephen Hawking. This is also a brief biography and bibliography of that brave and orginal soul, Stephen Hawking.
Free Electricity--how would you like it if your electricity was FREE??? And further--how would you like it if you didn't have to plug anything in to get power to your electric appliances? Nikola Tesla had the answer,...
Coporate Globalization--Yes, it's true--the world is owned and run by the super-wealthy. Even since Ann Rand's "Atlas Shrugged", there has been a conspiracy theory that basically, all the world is owned and...