The 7 Characteristics of a Successful Blog
If you are a newbie or looking for information on blogging then this is the right article for you, through this hub series you are going to learn more about blogging and how to make money blogging. But first let’s understand the definition of a blog
What is a Blog?
A blog is word that has been used before and you must have come across it, it became synonymous with the emergence of internet. A blog is a simple diary where an individual notes down his activities, it is not just a normal diary but an online diary that resemble a typical website with some different features
7 Characteristics of Successful a blog
- A blog is written in a chronological order with the most recent post being at the top of the page
- Blogs articles have dates indicating when they were written
- Blog has got few navigation links compared to a normal website
- Blog provide information on a daily basis – updated regularly unlike a website
- Blogs have comments section unlike the normal website which do not allow for comments
- Blog is an interactive platform where you can exchange views with the blogs owner
- Blog is used as a teaching tool since most people get frequent updates through newsletter
Functions of a blog
- Teaching Tool
- Personal Diary
- Office Diary
- Company Marketing Tool
- Hobby Writing
- Vacation Planning
- Online Money Making with Google Adsense
That is a brief definition and characteristics of a blog, before getting started with your personal blog you need to know what you really intend for your blog.
Right you now have an idea what a blog is, our next article (hub) will be focused on blog hosting services, here we are going to look at free blog hosting companies that can get you started, you can access it through this link: Free Blog Hosting: Host Your Blog for Free
More by this Author
LOCAL AREA NETWORK DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION (LAN) part 1 The first steps in designing a LAN (Local Area Network) are to established and document the goals of the design The design should aim at addressing the...
A repeater is the simplest facility used for network interconnection, whose major function is to receive a network signal from one LAN terminal cable segment and to regenerate and retransmit the signal as it is in its...
Topology is a characteristic of a Local Area Network. It is both the physical configuration of the cabling used to connect computers in the network, and the logical way in which the system views the structure of the...