The Best Viral Videos for Business
What Makes a Viral Video Great for Business?
"Viral" is one of those buzzwords that doesn't really say anything new - it's really the oldest kind of marketing there is. That said, I believe that "viral" videos are truly the future of advertising. I decided to start this hub to kick things off. One of my goals for 2011 is to start creating online content more often and sharing the things that I find and enjoy. So, I'll be dropping viral videos into this hub as I find them.
I will use this hub to focus on the business side of viral video - videos that sell more widgets and effectively increase brand awareness. Please leave a comment on this hub if you have found any great viral videos - particularly ones that are truly effective for business purposes. (I'm including non-profit causes here, since they're basically trying to get people to open their wallets just like a business does).
Is it Possible to Make a Video Viral by Design?
I've looked into that question a lot lately. While no one can definitively answer it, of course, it seems that the greater online community has come to a consensus on some major points:
- Viral videos often become "viral" by accident, where the viewer had no intention of it.
- There is no 100% guaranteed formula for making a video viral.
- There are ways to increase the likelihood that a video will go viral.
Further reading on this subject:
- Viral Advertising Hub
- The hub above links to an excellent TechCrunch article about best practices for viral video.
- Twitter SEO for Viral Videos on CreateBusinessGrowth (by yours truly)
- Viral Marketing Examples (my hub under a different account)
- Disadvantages of Viral Marketing (under the same account as above)
I'm sure I'll be adding to this list over time.
What if Everything Ran on Gas?
iPad Game for Cats
Little Darth Vader Volkswagen commercial
Corning Video - "A Day Made of Glass"
Classic Honda Rube Goldberg Machine
"Will It Blend" - Golf Balls in a Blender
Dirty Water Vending Machine
Coke "Happiness Machine"
More by this Author
I was just looking for a digital camcorder and ran into a number of classic pet peeves. As a consumer of Generation XY, I've been raised and conditioned to believe that everybody is a scam artist. The internet hasn't...