The New iMac - Features, Specs, Prices and Review
- 21.5-inch or 27-inch LED backlit display; widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Dual-core Intel processors (starts from 3.06GHz); available with quad-core processors
- Bundled with the multi-touch wireless Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard
- Environmental friendly, meets both the ENERGYSTAR 5.0 and EPEAT Gold requirements
- Built-in iSight camera for video chats and capturing images or videos
- Mini DisplayPort, SD Card slot, USB and Firewire ports
21.5-inch: 3.06GHz or 27-inch: 3.06GHz
- 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 4GB memory
- 500GB or 1TB hard drive
- 6x double-layer SuperDrive
- NVIDIA Geforce 9400M graphics or ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
27-inch: 2.66GHz (Quad-Core)
- 2.66GHz Intel Core i5
- 2560 x 1440 resolution
- 4GB memory
- 1TB hard drive
- 8x double-layer SuperDrive
- ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics with 512MB
The new iMac is definitely the biggest show from Apple, in terms of size and media-focused features. And if it's predecessor was an eye-candy, this newest incarnation is even more - replacing the plastic back panel with the aluminum plate enhanced by curved details and mounted ports. And Apple products being media-centric implements, the presence of an SD slot bellow the video drive is a welcome sight. Add to that the high-quality sound that emanates from the system. Also making this baby so "now" are the WiFi connection, the multi-touch Magic Mouse and the wireless keyboard enhanced with Bluetooth technology.
The wide displays are ideal for movie watching more so because of it's LED backlighting resulting in vivid colors and enviable contrast. It also allows quite a range of viewing angles. Unfortunately, the new iMac is not enabled with Blu-Ray technology but techies everywhere suggest it can easily be solved by a USB drive. But that very minor issue-aside, the new iMac is definitely a desktop beauty and the epitome of computing in high definition (HD).
- From $1,199.00 to $1,999.00
More by this Author
, "Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1844 Below are images of some of the most beautiful flowers in the world. It...
Below are some of the rarest, and therefore endangered, bird species in the world. The Asian crested ibis (Nipponia nippon) originally nested in eastern Russia Japan and China but, presently, the only known...
Butterflies are one of the most beautiful creatures in the world. Below are some of the rarest, not to mention most beautiful, flighty and colorful butterflies that, fortunately.are still alive and thriving today. ...
No comments yet.