The Sony Xperia Z VS The Nokia Lumia 1020 | Smartphone Comparison
Lets see what happens when we compare the Sony Xperia Z with The Nokia Lumia 1020. Surely one is to be the better mobile machine for you. You can't go around it. One is better than the other. so you can't claim both are equally good in terms of efficiency, and user friendly experience for example. More often than not, when you are looking for a smartphone for yourself you might like the features of two separate devices, but I bet you won't be willing to buy both and use both, right?. Truth is you will buy one and stick with it until it dies, or something else happens to it.
What you have to do before purchasing, however, is know the facts about the product you about to buy. It is all the same for every product, smartphones are no exception. Here we take these to big boys and present the specifications of each to make you have an idea on which phone is the best for your needs. Here we go:
Sony Xperia Z
So there is this new Smartphone in the android market- Sony Xperia Z. It would take a lot to compete with the latest Smartphones from HTC, Samsung, Nokia and Apple, Xperia Z has almost made it this time around. It combines looks, power and connectivity to provide one of the best android experiences. It is easily the best phone that Sony has ever manufactured. The phone boasts of 1.5GHz quad-core processor, 2GB ram, 13.1 megapixel camera, 4G connectivity and 16GB in built storage. It is the first big Android launch of 2013 and has undoubtedly carved out a niche for its manufacturers in the rapidly expanding Smartphone market. The pros and cons can be listed as:
1. Appealing Design And Display - The phone differs a lot from the older versions of the Xperia series. The new design is sleek, stylish and beautiful at the same time. It has shatterproof glass both at the front and the back. It has a 7.9mm thickness. The weight may be a disadvantage for this phone. Weighing about 146g, it is not the lightest phone on the market but perhaps the sleekest. The outer ports and slots are covered with flaps in order to make it water and dust resistant. The 5-inch ‘reality’ display excels in colors and vibrancy. Compared to the displays of its other competitors like Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5, it is undoubtedly the best. The clarity is comparable to that of the Bravia set. The high resolution images look stunning. Some of the Android apps is not compatible with higher display quality and may appear blurred. Apart from this, the design and display are clearly prizewinning.
2. Connectivity - The NFC system allows the device to communicate with other Sony products such as the Bravia television sets. A simple touch can transfer the phone display to the television making it larger than life. This kind of connectivity is a future technology. Xperia Z comes with a 4G connectivity which is not provided by too many cell phones presently. But it is expected that other brands would catch up soon.
3. Quad-Core Processor - Sony has finally entered the quad-core club with its Xperia Z. the sleek and sophisticated outer case covers the 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chip complete with a 2GB RAM. In plain and simple language- it is the fastest Android phone around. The processor is far superior to that of Galaxy S4 and HTC One X. Though the processing time is minimal, sometimes there are stutters and slowdowns. A software update may easily remove the problems. The camera and music player can be accessed from the locked screen but the camera isn’t as fast as the Nexus 4. The cutting down of widgets has actually worked for the benefit of the phone.
4. Excellent Camera - The phone offers an incredible 13.1 MP camera. The camera quality is excellent and combined with the great number of megapixels, it gives an amazing experience. It contains all the normal camera options along with HDR and the Superior Auto options.
1. Older Android Version - The handset still runs on the Android 4.1 version even after the launch of the 4.2 version of Android. Due to this it lacks some of the facilities.
2. Battery Backup - With a bright 5-inch screen and a quad-core processor, it is obvious that the battery backup would be miserable. It would give a maximum of 4-5 hour backup if the phone is used a lot. Sony has introduced the stamina mode so that the apps shut down as soon as power gets low. Exceptions can also be added to this mode so that some apps can be used even when power is low.
Nokia Lumia 1020
With the guarantee of Nokia and the features of Lumia series, Lumia 1020 is the latest offering from Nokia. It is the next in the series after the Lumia 920 but is quite similar to it without any major changes other than the camera. It can be rightly opinioned that Lumia 1020 is the phone you want if you would rather use your phone as a camera. No doubt it provides the best camera quality any phone has to offer, but about another feature, one may have a different opinion. To have a quick glance at the features of the new Nokia Lumia 1020:
1. Design And Build - The design of the Lumia 1020 is same as that of Nokia Lumia 920 and is available in a variety of colors. In fact it is extremely similar to Lumia 920. It has a 4.5 inch screen with several buttons on the side. It is slightly slimmer and a bit lighter than its forerunners. The only major change is the giant camera mounted on a black disc on the back side. The body feels extremely sturdy without any flimsy attachments.
2. Display - The 4.5 inch screen has a resolution of 1280 * 768 pixels, the same as Nokia Lumia 920. So no developments there. Also it lacks an HD display but makes up for it in its sharpness and crispness.
3. Camera - Nokia Lumia 1020 has two camera options- first for casual photography and the pictures would be of a normal Windows 8 quality. But that’s not what Lumia 1020 is made for. Its best feature is the Nokia Pro Cam app which gives complete control over the shutter and the image quality using on-screen rings.
Secondly there is the Smart Cam app too which allows the user to take multiple images and then select the best shot and other editing options.
4. Costly - This phone captures the best quality images that could be taken by phone. It has a high resolution sensor and manual camera controls. Even in the automatic mode it is able to take superb images. All thanks to the 41.1 MP camera. But as a phone the Lumia 1020 is not worth its cost. It has the same features as Lumia 920 and even the Windows app store lacks some basic apps. The apps available on cheaper android phones and iOS, comes to the Windows 8 app store quite late. So the best conclusion would be that for a budding photographer intent on capturing every moment. Nokia Lumia 1020 would be the best choice. If you need a phone that actually acts like a phone and also has a good camera, high end android phones would be a better option.
The Pros And Cons Of This Smartphone Can Be Listed As:
1. Best camera quality
2. Sturdy body
3. Battery life
1. The app store has poor stock
2. Older dual-core processor
Sony Xperia Z
Appealing design and display. Connectivity. Quad-core processor. Good Camera
Older android version. Battery backup
Nokia Lumia 1020
Best camera quality. Sturdy body. Battery life
App store with poor stock. Older dual-core processor
There you have it. Now hopefully the information on this page has been of help to you in choosing the phone that is right for you.
More by this Author
Did you ever wonder if you could make money working as a forum moderator? Learn what you need to do in order to become a forum moderator and earn income.
Swagbucks is an online site that allows many users to earn swagbuck dollars in exchange for free things. Swagbucks allows many people to search the web, take trusted surveys, complete special offers, vote in the...
- 2Top 4 PC Security, and Antivirus Softwares Available; Compare and Decide for Yourself Which Is The Best.
PC Security and Antivirus is of the utmost importance nowadays. If you are not well protected, you run a risk of many dangers. Lets take a look closely on these 4 different PC Security software
No comments yet.