Things you can do with Amazon's Kindle Fire HD in Nigeria
Using Kindle Fire HD
Although the Kindle Fire HD does come with a couple of freebies your probably can't access to in Nigeria such as Amazon prime, Amazon's almost unlimited library of books and so on, there are still a whole lot of other things you can do with the Kindle Fire HD in Nigeria.
What you can do with Kindle Fire HD in Nigeria
- Browse the web: Amazon Kindle Fire HD comes with a custom built browser called the silk browser however it works a bit like the Google chrome browser and can adapt web pages for both mobile and desktop sites. It however browses faster when you opt for the mobile version. You can do searches on Google, browse and shop on the amazon market place, check your email and get entertained with streaming media from YouTube.
- Connect to a Wireless network: It doesn't work with gprs or 3g but you can connect to w wireless internet connection for browsing. Personally this worked well for me when using MTN Hynet cpe modem.
- Copy books and other media: You can copy your digital books, video and music to your Kindle Fire from your computer using the usd cable. After copying them to the local drive on internal storage, you can always watch them later. The kindle comes with about 16gb of free space. Isn't that something?
- Read books, watch copied movies and listen to music: You can always access your stored files in the Kindle by going to the device's local folder for your files. Files supported include mp3, mp4, .mobi, e.t.c.
- Output HD to TV: You can also output your Kindle display to your tv or other electonic gadget that accepts hdmi using a hdmi cord.
- Install and Play games: You can always install games for playing them later on the Kindle Fire. The amount of apps you are able to install will depend on the space available in your internal storage. Since Nigeria is not the US, you can always install apps for Kindle by going to apps.opera.com. You can install games like Angry birds and soccer.
- Store and view photos: You can upload a whole lot of your digital pictures to your kindle and view them anytime. You can view the pictures using your photo gallery.
- Recharge the battery with a USB cable: This you can do by connecting one end to an output USB port on your laptop or other device and the other to the microUSB port on the Kindle.
- Take pictures and video: All you need to do this is get a Kindle Fire camera app and install it on your device. This activates the front facing camera and you can take pictures or videos of yourself with audio input.
- Download apps from Android sites and Amazon store: This is a recent update and I did this by making some changes and using my Amazon gift card.
Well, personally, what I prefer doing with the Kindle Fire HD is browsing and listening to music. The audio output is great and you can even connect it to an external speaker for more effects. Besides it's more portable to browse with the Kindle while lying down than using a laptop and I've seen that it is even mor durable than most laptops assuming it falls to the ground. I would advise you also get the back cover when purchasing your Kindle Fire rather than buying the device alone. The back cover would help make it longer lasting to shock.
Update: You can also access Amazon's appstore from Nigeria. Learn how I do this from here
More by this Author
I've added quite a number of bookmarks to my Desktop's Google chrome browser as they are an easy way to browse the web as it allows me to just click on those saved links to reach websites I normally visit on a regular...
Installing ES explorer on your Kindle Fire HD is probably one of the first steps to getting a whole lot of other third party apps on your device, most especially if you are outside the USA or perhaps you just want to...
Transferring files via Bluetooth on a Kindle is one of those things that adds to my satisfaction. It wouldn't be smart if a device like this didn't have bluetooth technology.