Top Solar Energy Companies In America
Alternative Energies and Natural Resources
As alternative energies and their related products increase in use throughout America, new jobs and new business ventures will continue to emerge in response to increased consumer demand.
This phenomenon is expected to continue for decades in America. Solar power is one of the types of alternative energies used in aerospace technologies and in some applications on Earth. The solar sail has been developed far enough for use in the mid-2010s in space to help power and transport oprations and products of asteroid mining..
In the years between 2010 - 2050, aerospace mining as well as space tourism is projected to provide additional natural resources to be used for energy alternatives and other products on Earth. The new resources extraction will begin with moon mining after 2012 and progress to Mars and the Mars-Jupiter between-planets asteroid belt. All of this activity will provide long-term employment in new jobs.
Hot Job Listings, Major Locations, and a Top 10 Manufacturers List are all offered below.
- Prospecting Satellites In Asteroid Mining
Near Earth Asteroid Mining begins with prospecting. This pioneering work will begin with the Arkyd-100, 200, and 300 series of prospecting satellite telescopes.
- Google and James Cameron Began Space Mining In 2012
We have lift off of privatized space flight. Partnerships between NASA and private designers, astronaut trainers, and manufactures overlapped the end of the US Space Shuttle Program by at least a year, with astonishing results.
Classics About Moon Mining
Ironic Update: Moon Landers
On August 10, 2012 we learned that moon landers designed and built under Google's LunarX Prize competition are much better than one that NASA had just released.
The space agency's Morpheus moon lander erupted into a flaming explosion after lifting off only 10 feet. It was wise for NASA to join with over 63 private space firms for its space-going hopes in the future.
The Google-backed moon landers developed by independent firms and researchers are set to lift off and land on Luna years early, in 2013.
NASA's DAWN Headed for Asteroid Belt
March 10, 2009 -- NASA's Dawn spacecraft launched its way to two of the largest bodies in the Mars-Jupiter Asteroid Belt: Vesta (in 2011) and Ceres (in 2015). DAWN was launched in autumn of 2007, so we see how long-term jobs connected with the new natural resource fields in space will be.
A few novels have speculated about space mining and their stories look to be fulfilled. Homer Hickam who was one of the teens in his true story Rocket Boys and later worked at NASA, wrote Back to the Moon. It is a speculative novel that is very believable in the nature of its moon resources extraction and intrigue connected to it. The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress is a Libertarian speculative story of society on the moon during mining industry success, written by Robert Heinlein.
Aerospace Business Is Here
- Jupiter's Moon Europa is Target for Possible NASA Lander | Jupiter & Moons | Europa & Search -- NASA is studying a mission concept for the mid-2010s to drop two landers on the surface of Jupiter's moon Europa. The goal would be to assess the icy moon's potential to host life.
Futurist Moon Mining
- Meet The Man Who Wants To Mine The Moon
The moon is made not of green cheese but of far more valuable stuff. And Moon Express wants to capitalize on that fact by piggybacking on private shuttle flights, using them to carry lunar landers and mining platforms to the moon.
- Moon Express
- Solar Sails - Arthur C. Clarke's Sunjammer Becomes a Reality
Sir Arthur C. Clarke invented the best notion of a workable solar sail as
- Space Solar Power - Limitless Free Energy
Solar power extracted from space facilities.
Top Alternative Energy Jobs Openings through 2020
- Outside Sales Consultants - residential buildings.
- Fuel Transport Drivers
- Regional Technology Sales Managers
- Electrical Engineers
- Field Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Outside Sales Representatives
- Control Designers
- Network Engineers
- Quality Engineers
- Sustainability Managers
Largest Three Cities for Solar Products and Related Jobs in USA
Major Metro Areas of Leading Solar/Wind Companies
Solar and wind energy jobs and products are concentrated most thickly in the following metro areas: San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Los Angeles, and Sacramento CA, Houston TX, Phoenix AZ, Washington DC, Beltsville MD, NYC, Boston MA, and Tempe AZ.
Top Hiring Alternative Energy Companies
The following companies are posting the largest numbers of job openings and offering lower cost, higher efficiency products:
- GE and GE Energy
- AEC Hunt, Inc. - Buildings, Infrastructure, Power & Energy
- Vestas - wind power.
- Solar Turbines, Inc.
- Goal Zero - solar products.
- First Solar
- Johnson Controls
Additional Companies Hiring Now:
- Nextera Energy, Down Corning, Power One, Pacific Gas & Electric Company, Aerotek Energy, and Rec Solar.
This information is available through search functions on two search engines that track all jobs listed on the Internet: SimplyHired.com and Indeed.com.
Green World Investor Picks
Recently, the Green World Investor reported the Top Solar Panel Manufacturers in America. These leading companies included:
- First Solar. This is reported to be the largest maker of Solar Thin Film in the world. It is also reported as the lowest cost panel producer globally, at 74 cents per watt. It intends to lower this cost to 52 cents by early 2014. [www.firstsolar.com; 350 West Washington Street Tempe, AZ 85281-1244. PH (602) 414-9300]
- Sunpower. Home of the highest efficiency crystalline solar panels globally, with an installation business system as well. [www.sunpower.com]
- MEMC/SunEdison. This the only big American solar wafer producer, but is building a factory in Malaysia for cost reduction. Will expand into solar systems as well. [www.memc.com]
- Suniva. An entity constructed in the Georgia Institute of Technology’s University Center of Excellence in Photovoltaics (UCEP) to produce solar cells - the world’s highest commercially available cell efficiency. [www.suniva.com]
- Miasole. Produced a high efficiency thin film module.[www.miasole.com]
- Nanosolar. Interesting company backed by Google and other big names. [www.nanosolar.com; 5521 Hellyer Avenue San Jose, CA 95138. PH (408) 365-5960]
- Abound Solar. Manufacturing plants in Indiana and Colorado.[www.abound.com]
- Ascent Solar. Thin Film Panels on Flexible Substances. [www.ascentsolar.com]
- Energy Conversion Devices. Thin Film Technology and Flexible a-Si modules.[www.energyconversiondevices.com]
- General Electric. Invested in a Cadmium Tellurium start-up called Prime Star Solar.
© 2011 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
UNIVAC is a name that is a combination of syllables and letters: UNIV-A-C. It means Universal Automatic Computer and was developed by Dr. Presper Eckert...
Sir Arthur C. Clarke invented the best notion of a workable solar sail as "Sunjammer" in his 1963 short story. In 2013, NASA built Sunjammer in the 50th Anniversary year of his notion.
After much hard work in writing countless resumes, cover letters, and job applications, employment candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. We can help with the information in...