Top 10 Free Business Online Backup Sites
Computers, haven’t they become an integral part of our lives? The era of bound files stacking up in the file cabinets is slowly coming to an end. Taking a backup of your files is very essential regardless of whether it is personal or business; however, it is vital for businesses. You may question, “Why should I take a backup of my files?” Do you have this question?
Just imagine a situation where you have stored all the details about your clients in your laptop and the hard disk suddenly dies or crashes, how will you be able to do business? Are you thinking on what you will do in such a situation? Stop worrying, here is a solution just for you; it is called online backup. You can backup your data and save it online using various free online backup sites.
- Dropbox: Dropbox offers both free and paid online backup services. They offer 2 GB of free online storage space, which can be increased to a maximum of 18 GB. To increase the storage space, you need to refer persons to this site; they offer 500 MB of free space per referral. When you sign up for the free account make sure that you use it often, as they may delete your account if it is inactive for a period of 90 days without providing additional notice. Dropbox is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux; they are compatible with mobile devices too. They offer two paid services called Pro and Teams.
- Mozy: Mozy is yet another online backup service who offers both free and paid versions. They too offer 2 GB of free online storage space similar to Dropbox; the free version is called MozyHome Free. They also offer additional free space for every referral you make. They are compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP and Mac OS X. Their paid version is called MozyHome, which you can purchase for $5.99.
- SpiderOak: SpiderOak also offer 2 GB free space with features including online backup, synchronize, share, store, etc.; these features can be used across computers, external drives, etc. They claim they are 10-15 times faster than other traditional backup services. They also offer paid versions called Plus (+) Account starting at $10 for 100 GB.
- MyOtherDrive: MyOtherDrive offers 2 GB free online storage space. You can pay and upgrade to a maximum of 10 TB. They offer free unattended backup, 128-bit encryption, collaboration, drag and drop upload, postal backup, etc. They have a video that details on how to do an online backup.
- Comodo: Comodo offers 5 GB free online storage space; you can upgrade to Comodo Backup by paying $9.99 a month; in this plan, the maximum storage space is 250 GB. They offer reliable backups and therefore can store your business files without fear.
- IDrive: IDrive offers 5 GB of free online storage space for businesses, which can be upgraded to a maximum of 500 GB for $14.95 a month. They offer various features like multiple device backup, managing multiple accounts, synchronization, web based backup management, etc. They are compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Android devices.
- SugarSync: SugarSync offers 5 GB of free online storage space where one can sync any number of devices. They are compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7, Mac OS X, various Android devices and Blackberry. With this free package, you get free cloud storage, online backup and automatic sync. They have various paid services and one can upgrade their account to get a maximum storage space of 100 GB for $14.99 a month. All the paid packages have a 30-day free trial.
- SkyDrive: SkyDrive is offered by Microsoft. They offer 7 GB of free space your business. It is possible to sync your files with various computers; you do not have to worry about losing information or worry about not bringing the updated version of your work. SkyDrive always has the updated version of your files. These are also compatible with mobile phones and tablets. If you feel you need more space than the offered 7 GB, you can buy additional space for a small fee.
- CX: They offer 10 GB of free space which can be upgraded to a maximum of 16 GB by referring friends. If you need more online storage space, you need to upgrade by paying for the service. They offer secure storage, public and private sharing, real-time synchronizing, etc.; this enables you to organize your data on the move. One of the major features offered by CX is 256-bit encryption. The maximum you can upgrade is 175 GB and the rate is $24.99 a month; they also have custom plans.
- ADrive: They are fabulous by offering 50 GB of online storage space free. They provide various features like accessing data anytime and anywhere, an easy search tool, setting expiration date for the files you share, FTP, etc. You may upgrade your account for more storage space with a maximum online storage space being 10 TB+. The paid versions are called Personal Premium and Business starting at $6.95 a month.
There are various online backup sites for business like Egnyte and Backup Genie whom you may wish to look for free online backup for your business. Use any of these online backup websites to backup your business data and you will never lose valuable information.
More by this Author
Stress, isn’t this one of the latest buzzword? The universal truth is that each and every individual is affected by stress in one way or the other. There are so many factors or reasons behind stress. To...