Top 10 Golden Rules For Correct Cell Phone Etiquette
My husband on his mobile while having lunch at home.
The Cell Phone User
Just about everyone these days, and that includes children, owns a cell phone. True, the cell phone is a necessity, considering that it is much cheaper to use than a landline, also you are able to make or take any call, 24x7. Take a short walk and you will see almost every second person talking on a cell phone, either while driving, walking the dog, taking kids to school, crossing the road (yes, that's dangerous too). Walk into a business center, an office, a college, or a restaurant, yes, you will see or hear someone talking loudly on a cell phone. Those with hands free appear to be talking and smiling to themselves.
Multi-tasking has become the norm and it is not surprising to see your maid washing vessels even as she deftly props up her cell phone between neck and shoulder while constantly engaged in some chatter. It is not at all uncommon to see skilled workers working at heights precariously doing the balancing act while taking calls from their cell.
While at the doctor's consulting chambers, engaged in bank transactions, or in the ICU of large hospitals, some people do not switch off their cell phones though, there is a sign put up telling you to. The pastor of a church begins his sermon only after telling you to switch off your cell phone. Rather sad, isn't it, when you hear a phone ring in the middle of a memorial service or a funeral service, or a wedding?
So, what category of cell phone user do you belong ? One that never switches off his cell phone or puts it on silent ? One that takes each and every call ? One that insists on speaking loudly while answering a call ? One that uses a loud ringtone ? One who is rude to those around, by ignoring them ? Yes, the one that called you on the cell gets your attention ! Even in the middle of a meeting ? Do you refuse to make a choice on what calls to receive and what to let go to your voicebox ?
Top 10 Rules For Correct Cell Phone Usage
- A careful choice must be made while choosing a ring tone. One that is not too vulgar, jarring, annoying, and one that does not hurt other's sentiments. For, you do not know when it will ring and where you will be at any point of time, and you should save yourself some embarrassment.
- Do not be rude. While on the phone, it is often noticed that you tend to be engaged in a conversation,and ignore those around you.
- Lower your voice while talking. Do not be loud, even if it is a heated argument on the phone. Or better still, choose to walk to a quiet corner or another room if you have to continue. It is recommended that you maintain at least 10 feet between you and the next person while on a cell phone.
- While in public or when others can hear you, avoid personal topics while talking on the cell phone.
- Be mindful of other road users while you drive. That means no speaking on the cell phone while driving. Maximum accidents are caused while engaged in speaking while driving.
- During a meeting with another person, strictly avoid taking calls. If you genuinely need to, excuse yourself from the person and keep it brief. Putting your cell phone's ringer on silent mode is recommended.
- Switch off your mobile before entering a place of worship, weddings, funerals, banks, hospitals, theaters, etc., so as to not disturb yourself or the others in your presence.
- Avoid texting while engaged in a conversation with anyone. Even while in a restaurant or a theater with someone. That would be classified as extreme rudeness.
- In a dark theater, never light up your cell phone screen. You will be disturbing everyone.
- Do not check your SMS's when talking to someone. Neither is it wise to look up anything on your cell phone, including social media such as facebook and twitter while engaged in a conversation face to face.
It follows that every cell phone user must decide whether a call should take priority over the situation at hand. Having a cell phone is handy provided you follow these golden rules.
Cell Phone Misuse
Which of these annoys you the MOST ? / Which according to you is the worst among the folowing ?See results without voting
- Cell Phone Etiquette | Cellphones.org
Everyone carries a cellphone these days and whether it's non-stop texting or loud public calls, there's no shortage of ways to be completely rude while using them. Here are some tips for adults and children on how to be more polite about cellphone us
More by this Author
Creativity enhances a personality! Every individual loves doing an activity he loves,and even more so if he sees it coming to fruition beautifully. When appropriately displayed, and family and friends appreciate as...
Did you know that your feet hold the key to your overall energy and well being? Absolutely! Apart from providing you balance as you walk or run, the feet can be the right place to bring relief to most ailments you may...
Asians and Indians in particular love the spicy dish called Biryani.It is mildly fragrant,a complete meal in itself,prepared with rice and chicken.Lamb may also be used instead of chicken.Festivals and marriages...