Top 10 Reasons To Buy A Canon Rebel T3i
Photographers are discovering the joys of digital SLR photography more and more. But what makes the Canon Rebel T3i the "go to" camera for those who are entering the Digital SLR market for the first time?
After searching for the reasons given by first time buyers, I have come up with my own "Top 10 List" for new buyers.
By way of background, Canon has been producing the Rebel series since the Canon Rebel 300D was released in 2003. This has been a revolutionary series of cameras, aimed at either first-time buyers, or budget conscious buyers, or both. By revolutionary, I mean "cutting edge" in terms of price and technology.
Technology has improved tremendously since that first Rebel, which sported a rather antiquated 6-megapixel sensor and the first DIGIC image processor. But it was revolutionary in that it put a digital SLR camera into the hands of many people for less than $1000, which had never happened before.
After the first Rebel, Canon has produced one winner after another, each with a newer and bigger sensor. The Canon Rebel T3i is different though. It has the exact same sensor as the last Rebel, the T2i. That makes this discussion even more interesting. In fact, it makes some people scratch their heads in wonder. If the image sensor is the same, why buy this model instead of the older one. Or, even more relevant, perhaps, why did Canon do it?
These are the questions that this article hopes to answer. Because I have found that there are some really good reasons that are being given for the amount of satisfaction that is already being experienced by new Canon Rebel T3i buyers.
And now, the Top 10 Reasons To Buy A Canon Rebel T3i...
10. Continuous Shooting Speed - The Rebel T3i has a continuous rate of 3.7 frames per second with a photo buffer of up to 34 JPEG images. This will make photographing your active events like soccer or gymnastics a snap.
9. Wireless Flash - Like the more expensive models 7D and 60D, the T3i incorporates wireless flash triggering. This allows you to trigger multiple off camera flashes at different output levels. And perhaps even better, you can trigger the camera remotely from the flash unit when using the new Speedlite 320EX.
8. Video Recording - One buyer put it like this, "I purchased this camera mainly for recording video. Its quality is amazing, and the on-board mic records great to me as well. I really like the swivel on the live view when doing video clips, which was another reason I chose this camera over competitive models."
7. Feature Guide Display in the LCD Panel - The Canon Rebel T3i comes with a built-in instructional guide.The guide tells beginners (or rusty intermediates) how to set the camera to get specific types of shots. For instance, if you dial up macro mode, it says "for closeups of small objects such as flowers, shoot as close as possible."
Photos Taken With Canon Rebel T3i
6. Basic PLUS modes - Getting creative has gotten so much easier with this model. Using Basic+, you can choose between ambient or scene type. These settings will give your images a very artsy mode.
5. Intelligent Auto - This camera is so "intelligent" that it knows what kind of light and situation you are in. Whether you are outside or inside, daytime or nighttime, the T3i's intelligent auto system gets the color and light "spot on."
4. Articulating LCD Panel - Many photographers will put this higher on the list since it is so useful. You can take photos from the ground looking up or from above your head, or even over a fence. Pretty cool stuff.
3. ISO = 100-6400 - This is one feature that has really improved over earlier models. There is virtually no perceptible noise at 1600 ISO. This means you can take shots in very low light without suffering loss of image quality. The photo of the Male Cardinal above was taken at ISO 1600 so that shutter speed could be 1/200. No noise and sharp as a tack.
2. Image Quality - The 18-megapixel image sensor is the exact same sensor that is in the Canon 60D and 7D. These two cameras are more expensive than the Rebel, yet you have the same quality images available to you. This is a real plus for Rebel owners.
1. Ease of Use - Canon has really done their homework on this model. Many people are wondering why there is not more of an upgrade with respect to the camera hardware, but one only has to look at the way this model has become so much more user friendly, especially for newer photographers. It is definitely a Family Digital SLR!
More Rebel T3i Information
Canon Rebel T3i/600D
More by this Author
The first time you are able to get a really revealing close-up of a complex flower or bug, you will be hooked. Macro photography is such a great way to see the intricacies of nature. This article is about how to get...
The digital photography lexicon is meant to give you a layman's understanding of basic photography terms.
There are a few reasons to buy an electric fireplace. They are quite beautiful and functional. An electric fireplace will easily become part of your decor and enhance the ambiance of your home. This is where corner...