Tracfone Prepaid Phone Review - Pros, Cons and what existing customers say
Tracfone Evaluation Criteria
Here are the criteria used for the evaluation process,
- Price / Value
- Existing Customer Feedback
- Customer Service
- Website and How they clearly state all of the information/Terms of Service
Based on the above six criteria, the prepaid service is given a star value. The higher the star value the better.
They are one of the no contract prepaid phone service. Both NET10 and Tracfone are a subsidery of America Movil that has more customers than AT & T and Verizon combined. They have airtime over most national and rural cellular networks in the US, so offer fantastic coverage.
Pros of Tracfone
1. Prepaid service - no contract, no bills, no overages
2. Buy minutes in blocks or
3. Buy cheap monthly plans starting from 9.99
4. Cheap phones available from $10
Cons of Tracfone
1. You have to buy a Tracfone phone and use a Tracfone phone only with their service.
2. They only have 15 phones that lack many of the fancy features and look that you might find in other providers.
3. All of the Tracfone phones come packaged with a SIM card. The phone and SIM card are locked to each other at the hardware level.
4. No fancy stuff email, internet browsing, 3G.
5. Customer Service is the worst of all. Existing user are furious about the customer service and ask you to not take up Tracfone at all.
6. There is no way you can track online what calls you made or minutes you spent.
7. If you do not extend with new air time card at the end of previous airtime card expiry date all minutes bought forward become void.
8. There is something fishy about their website no direct link to FAQ, or page detailing call rates.
What existing customers say about Tracfone
I had to call back a 2nd time about 30 minutes after the first time because the first person I spoke to was so rude and abrasive. Now you want a faxed copy of the 60 minute card that came with the W376 refurb bundle I purchased my Mom last month - June 09
It just says when the service end date arrives if you do not add
another airtime card AT THAT TIME then your phone will be discontinued.
however, that is not what happened here.
Tracfone is too expensive and doesn't honor it's contracts. Customers need to think twice before using this company. - June 09
I was unfortunate enough to connect to an Agent outside the US (India I'm guessing) the call was inordiately long, everything they say gets repeated 3 times, they don't understand American English - June 09
Pray that you will never need TracFone customer service
The Tracfone plans seems to be pretty straight forward. They are missing three stars because of a customer service that seems non existent. They seem to have a very bad reputation for customer service. They also have very few selection of models.
The author of this review does not hold shares of Tracfone nor works for the company. This review has not been paid for by Tracfone. The information in this hub should serve only as a guidance and no liability is taken for decisions made upon reading this hub. The reader is advised to review the Trafone website before you buy.
More by this Author
Some of the better looking models in NET10 - Price $19.99-59.99 Here are the criteria used for the evaluation process, Price / Value Features Coverage Existing Customer Feedback Customer Service Website and How...