Troubleshooting MS Outlook Crashes with Email Messages in the Outbox
When Microsoft Outlook crashes, it typically does not refresh the send command on any outgoing messages the next time it is run. How can you troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook when its outgoing messages are stuck in limbo?
Solutions for Outlook Crashing
1. Open Microsoft Outlook and select to send and receive messages. If this does not work, go to step 2.
2. Open each message. Then click on the "Send" button for that message. It should process through and be sent, even if the general send/receive button did not work before.
3. Copy the message information into a new email and then send the new email. Then delete the old message.
4. If the send button within individual messages does not work, select "Copy into new message". Then delete the header information and the forward information in the message title. Copy the sender information into the "To" field. Then resend.
Note: This is best used for very long messages or text with graphics that will not handle a copy into a new message well.
5. If the message still do not process, check your computer’s internet connection or internet services. Reboot the computer, and then retry the steps above.
6. If the problem persists, contact the mail server administrator. Draft versions of the messages may remain on the server to be recovered.
More by this Author
What is as-built data? What is as-designed data? What is the relationship between as-built data, as-designed data and product verification?
What are the points in favor of using facial recognition with time and attendance software? What problems can facial recognition software have?
Balanced Scorecard includes financial, customer, internal perspectives and "learn and innovate". How is the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) used?
No comments yet.