Turn Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Wireless WAN Functionalities off for Cardiac Pacemakers
Important safety instructions about using your computer modem
When using your computer modem, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including the following:
- Never connect/disconnect or use your computer modem in a wet location.
- Avoid using your computer modem with the telephone cable connected during an electrical storm.
- There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lightning.
Do not connect/disconnect or use your computer modem to report a gas leak while you are in the vicinity of the leak.
Turn Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth™and Wireless WAN Functionalities off for Cardiac Pacemakers
- Turn Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Wireless WAN Functionalities off when near a person who may have a cardiac pacemaker implant or other medical electric device. Radio waves may affect pacemaker or medical device operation, possibly resulting in serious injury. Follow the instruction of your medical device when using any Wi-Fi or Bluetooth or Wireless WAN functionality.
Turn off computer power in medical facilities or near electronic medical equipment
- Always turn off computer power when visiting medical facilities such as hospitals or when near electronic medical equipment.
- Radio waves (antenna), line noise (AC adaptor) or electromagnetic waves (computer circuits) could adversely affect electronic medical devices and equipment. This may result in an accident or malfunction of the device or equipment, which could possibly result in serious injury.
Turn off Wi-Fi or Bluetooth or Wireless WAN devices when located close to automatic control equipment or appliances
Always turn off Wi-Fi or Bluetooth or Wireless WAN functionality if the computer is near automatic control equipment or appliances such as automatic doors or fire detectors. Radio waves can cause malfunction of such equipment, possibly resulting in serious injury.
More by this Author
Frost is a p2p app that works on top of Freenet. You need to have Freenet working to use Frost. Freenet is an Network over the Internet which provides true anonymity. With starting Freenet on your machine you are...
Nokia is a Finnish multinational communications corporation, and it manufactures mobile electronic devices, mostly mobile telephones. In this article, we will look into the opportunities and threats of this company by...
Learn why your gas fire keeps going out even when it still seems on and how to fix this.