Types of Vehicles
a fixed-wing aircraft heavier than air that is driven by a screw propeller or by a high-velocity jet and supported by the dynamic reaction of the air against its wings.
a vehicle with two wheels tandem, a steering handle, a saddle seat, and pedals by which it is propelled.
a small vessel propelled by paddles, oars, sail, or by an engine.
a light closed horse-drawn carriage with the driver outside in front.
a four-wheeled vehicle with a springy platform
a large motor-driven passenger vehicle operating usually according to a schedule along a fixed route.
a usually 2-wheeled vehicle for artillery ammunition attachable to a horse-drawn limber.
a long light narrow boat with both ends sharp and sides curved that is usually propelled by hand-driven paddles.
- a vehicle moving on wheels.
- a vehicle adapted to the rails of a railroad or street railway.
- the cage of an elevator.
- a heavy usually horse-drawn 2wheeled vehicle used for farming or transporting freight.
- a lightweight 2-wheeled vehicle drawn by a horse, pony, or dog.
- a small wheeled vehicle.
- a 2-wheeled vehicle for one or two persons with a calash top and the body hung on leather straps and usually drawn by a horse
- A similar 4-wheeled pleasure carriage
- A light carriage or pleasure cart.
- a light 4-wheeled pleasure or state carriage.
- A 2-wheeled horse-drawn battle car of ancient times used also in processions and races.
- a large usually closed 4-wheeled carriage having doors in the sides and an elevated seat in front for the driver.
- A railroad passenger car intended primarily for day travel.
- A long-haul, or long-distance purpose bus.
a light 2-wheeled one horse carriage.
a long narrow flat-bottomed boat with a high prow and stern used on the canals of Venice.
a 2-wheeled covered carriage with the driver's seat elevated behind. Also called "hansom cab".
a light 2-wheeled open horse-drawn vehicle used especially in Ireland with lengthwise seats placed face to face or back to back.
an Eskimo canoe made of a frame covered with skins except for a small opening in the center and propelled by a double-bladed paddle.
a two-wheeled vehicle to which a gun or caisson may be attached.
a 2-wheeled automotive vehicle having 1 or 2 saddles and sometimes a sidecar with a third supporting wheel.
a usually automotive vehicle designed to carry a comparatively large number of passengers.
any of various light 4-wheeled horse-drawn vehicles.
a covered wagon used by pioneers in cross country travel, also called prairie wagon.
see PRAIRIE SCHOONER.
a small covered 2-wheeled vehicle usually for one passenger that is pulled by one man and that was used originally in Japan.
a firework consisting of a case partly filled with a combustible composition fastened to a guiding stick and projected through the air by the reaction resulting from the rearward discharge of the gases liberated by combustion.
a boat usually propelled by sail.
a flat-bottomed Chinese skiff usually propelled by two short oars
a celestial body orbiting another of larger size.
a vehicle that is either publicly owned or privately owned and operated for compensation andat is used for transporting children to or from school or on activities connected with school.
- a portable often covered chair that is designed to carry one person and that is borne on poles by two men.
- An enclosed automobile seating 4 to 7 persons including the driver and having a single compartment, 2 or 4 doors, and a permanent top.
- A motorboat having one passenger compartment.
a large vessel floating on water. Propelled by an engine or sail.
a narrow board about two feet long mounted on roller-skate wheels.
a vehicle on runners used for transporting persons or goods on snow or ice.
a manned or unmanned device that is designed to orbit the earth or to travel beyond the earth's atmosphere.
a vehicle designed to operate in space outside the earth's atmosphere.
a usually two-stage vehicle that is designed to serve as transportation between the earth and an orbiting space station.
a usually manned artificial satellite designed for fixed orbit around the earth and to serve as a base for scientific research.
a watercraft capable of going underwater.
a long narrow buoyant board made of lightweight wood or fiber glass covered foam used in the sport of surfing.
a 4-wheel 2-seated horse-drawn pleasure carriage.
a vehicle consisting of cars attached together, drawn by a locomotive usually in the front, and runs on fix set of one or two parallel rails.
a small train running on rails installed in streets.
a bus electrically propelled by power from two overhead wires and similar in appearance to a motor bus
a public conveyance for passengers that runs on tracks with motive power derived through a trolley.
an open Eskimo boat made f a wooden frame covered with hide and usually propelled with broad paddles.
- a low 4-wheeled pleasure carriage for 2 with a calash top and a raised seat in front for the driver.
- An open passenger automobile with a calash top that usually extends over the rear seat only.
a chair mounted on wheels especially for the use of invalids.
a rigid airship consisting of a cylindrical trussed and covered frame supported by internal gas cells.
heavy-duty vehicles used at constructions sites. They have many different functions, such as moving earth and heavy objects.
three or more small wheels attached to the soles of shoes. Primarily used for sport and recreational purposes.
floating board, usually 2 to 3 meters long, to which a sail is attached.
luxurious passenger railroad car for day and night travel.
lightweight vehicles designed to move on the surface of celestial bodies usually for exploration and scientific purposes.
More by this Author
Before going more in depth about the positives and negatives of inflation, the term "inflation" must be defined.rice of products goes up, jet people are still buying them. There are two major types of...
During its short history, the electronics industry has gone through a development that was never seen before. The electronics industry developed in a number of steps.
Share price/Earnings per Share