Using Google Docs to Create Your Files
Using Google Docs to Create, Edit, and Share Your Files
Google has provided us with an innovative web based office suite referred to as Google Docs which is available as a free ware. This on-line office suite and other useful apps are found in the Google Drive. Using Google Docs, you will be able to accomplish tasks on-line such as creating and editing text documents just like you do using other text editing software like Microsoft Office Word. You will be able to create, share, and collaborate with your friends live on the web using files you have created such as Documents, Presentations, Spreadsheets, Forms, Drawings, and many more.
This tells you what? You can create your own documents like the ones mentioned above without the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Using Google Drive
How to Access the Google Docs
To make use of the Google Docs, you will be required to have a Gmail account. You can access Google Docs by first logging in to your Gmail account and then on the right hand side of the Gmail menu bar (6 Square dots representing the Google apps), click on Drive. It is from within the Google Drive that you will be able access the option of creating or opening already existing Google Docs. The other option is you can simply do a Google search for Google Docs.
How to Create Your Documents
You will use the option of create. Then from the drop down menu that pops up, select the type of file you want to create.
- Document – use this option if you want to create word documents. After clicking on this option, a blank untitled document will be loaded. You will be able to type normally as you do in Microsoft Office Word or any other text editor. To give your document a name, you click on the untitled document bar and then type the name you want for your file. The basic knowledge of using Word documents is what you will use here for formatting. You can also check this detailed hub that will guide you on how to format text documents.
Google Drive Word Processor
Creating a Presentation Using Google Drive
- Presentation – this option will enable you to create presentation documents just as you would do using PowerPoint program. There are a number of themes that you can choose to work with. Then you will add your titles and subtitles and anything else you want to appear on your presentation. Once you are done with the first slide, insert another slide to your presentation and continue feeding it with whatever data you want.
Renaming a Google Document
Creating a Spreadsheet Document on Google Drive
- Spreadsheet – This option will help you to create a spreadsheet document just like you would do in excel. You will be able to perform calculations on this spreadsheet for instance Sum, Average, Count, Max, and Min, among other functions. Hundreds of features that you use in Excel are also available here.
- Form – you can use this option for creating a fill-able form that can then be sent to respondents.
- Drawing – this application will enable to come up with a drawing. There are a number of tools available that will help you to come up with the type of drawing you want.
Looking for More Google Aplications
Click on create and then using the connect more application button, you will be able to access hundreds of other applications from Google and they will be made available in your Google Drive. Then you can start working with them to achieve your desired results.
For instance, let us say you want to edit and sign PDF document using DocHub. While inside your Drive, Click on new, more, connect more apps. Locate DocHub among the list of applications.
Share Your Files
Once you create your file, you can then share it with friends, families, or any one else you would like to access the file. Using the share button, you will be able to define who can access your work. It is fun using Google Docs as you will see. You will also be in a position to drag and drop files from your desktop to your Google Docs. There are other lots of things that you can do with Google Docs.
Do you use Google Docs to help you create your files?See results without voting
© 2013 Patrick Kamau
More by this Author
This information given here will help you to update your KRA pin to iTax. All old pins processed using ITMS are required to be updated to iTax. This is done by logging in to iTax portal.
It is possible to get replacement certificate once you loose your original. This is a guide on how to apply for the replacement of lost KCPE/KCSE certificate and where KNEC offices are located.
The motherboard includes components crucial to the functioning of a computer. Among them, the Central Processing Unit and Random Access Memory. Learn more about the parts and their functions.